TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is anybodys home park their favorite?

Kentucky Kingdom, while it is my home park, it is not my favorite. My favorite falls towards Busch Gardens Tampa. There's just so much more to offer at the park, and most of their major coasters are within my personal top 10 favorites.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically speaking, Dorney is my home park (it's only 10 minutes away) but I also consider Knoebels to be my true home park, just because I like /that/ much more. Totally worth the 1.5 hour drive. So if you consider technicalities, then yes, my home park is my favorate

My "home" (closest) park, Silverwood(SW), is NOT my favorite park.

The scenery and landscaping is BEAUTIFUL, but I personally am into thrills. Scream SFMM is just over an old part of the parking lot, yet I found that more enjoyable as far as thrill factor, despite the fact the lack of themeing does not exist. My current favorite park is Cedar Point. I have a season pass to Cedar Fair parks, where I almost never go to SW but perhaps once every 1-2 years.

My "home" (closest) park, Silverwood(SW), is NOT my favorite park.

The scenery and landscaping is BEAUTIFUL, but I personally am into thrills. Scream SFMM is just over an old part of the parking lot, yet I found that more enjoyable as far as thrill factor, despite the fact the lack of themeing does not exist. My current favorite park is Cedar Point. I have a season pass to Cedar Fair parks, where I almost never go to SW but perhaps once every 1-2 years.

Silverwood is basically my home park, as I go to it most and only live about 6 hours away. I can say that Tremors is amazing and Aftershock brings the thrills up to another level. Silverwood is easily one of my favourite parks, but not by absolute favourite.

• 2 years later...

SFMM, Knott's, Disneyland, Universal. not sure which i call my home park since i'm close to all. but to answer the question, nope, not even close. my favorite would probably be Disneyland though. even though i haven't been in some years. two friends who had silver passes no longer have them, and so far, i haven't bought a pass.

I'm not sure if I responded to this before it got bumped but this is a tricky question for me. If we're just talkin about Great Adventure, then no, its not my favorite.

Technically Clementon and Sesame are closer but I've never been to either so they are definitely not my favorite, but if I'm staying @ my moms Moreys is the closest park to me, Adventure Pier is a 10 minute walk. Moreys is not my favorite but its up there, and is Great Adventure.

Dorney could also be considered a home park since its just a little bit further than Great Adv and only a little over an hour away.

With 5 parks closer than it, Hershey is still really close at just over two hours away and that is my favorite park. It's definitely not my home park but its still pretty close by and I kinda consider it one of my home parks lol. Philly is a great place to live with so much within a 4-5 hour drive.

While I love Six Flags Great America, it's not my favourite park at all. I doubt many people's home park will be their favourites, unless they move near the park intentionally so that they can live by it. However I am fortunate to live by Six Flags Great America though as they have some great and unique rides.

My home park is Efteling and while I absolutely adore that park, it is not my favourite. That honor goes to Europa-Park. My second home park is Bobbejaanland. Yeah, don't even bother asking..

My top 5 would look something like this:

1) Europa-Park

2) Phantasialand

3) Efteling

4) PortAventura Park

5) Liseberg

It's not the closest major amusement park to me (that would be MiA), but I've always considered Cedar Point to be my "Home Park", and yes, it is still my favorite! Having said that, there are other parks I really love as well, and would be my "favorite" this, or "favorite" that!

My home park is Six Flags St. Louis, so...

Not to say that I don't enjoy it. The park has made a ton of progress to the overall quality and atmosphere. That said, more progress needs to be made and the park is desperate for any kind of coaster addition. Even a small scale coaster would be better than nothing. A Rocky Mountain Construction Raptor clone would do wonders for this park. Given the park's history, that's such a long shot that it's not even worth the discussion.

My home park is Lake Compounce, and...well, I love the place, but it's never been the /best/ part anywhere...and after the last season...*cringes*

Let's hope 2018 is kinder to the place.