TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

^ That ride sure made an impression on Robb!

Oh, who am I kidding? Me, too. Got the full ejector seat action star hanging-on-by-one-hand experience. IT WAS AWESOME!

How did the "waterfall" add to the ride? (if you remember)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You mean the water coming off of the "crest" on the side opposite the drop-in? You never know it's there when you're on the ride. There's far too much chaos erupting around you to notice that dribble of water from above. It's not a waterfall by any means.

• 5 months later...

I just came across this slide today, it looks like a more terrifying version of the old Congo River Rapids attraction at Wild Rivers. I've never even heard of this park.

Video is courtesy of Amusement Force.

Hey Xmeister that slide you posted looked amazing!

I miss those type of slides because most parks in the US wont build them anymore. (Labor intensive/Injury risk etc...) One of my favorites was at Raging Waters in San Dimas, they had a slide called 'Raging Rivers' or something like that, where you started at the top of the mountain with a tube and you had multiple 'choices' on your way down the mountain. Sadly they replaced it with some type of multi-lane racing slide. But I had many years to enjoy it since I had a season pass while I lived near by.

I used to love slides like those where you just had a little ring and down you went onto some mini rapids, splash pools and little flumes. Saw a fair few in Spain and Portugal when I was a kid on family vacation or the non ring versions at Center Parcs. Too bad you rarely see new one's like these, most parks that have connecting slides to pools tend to use master blasters these days. I've always wanted to go to Schlitterbahn and I heard Colorado Water World was supposed to have some fantastic rapid rivers.

I used to love slides like those where you just had a little ring and down you went onto some mini rapids, splash pools and little flumes. Saw a fair few in Spain and Portugal when I was a kid on family vacation or the non ring versions at Center Parcs. Too bad you rarely see new one's like these, most parks that have connecting slides to pools tend to use master blasters these days. I've always wanted to go to Schlitterbahn and I heard Colorado Water World was supposed to have some fantastic rapid rivers.

In this Serena waterpark here in finland they have a few things i think i know fit your description, at timestamp 2:45

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This is the reason I'm so excited to go to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels this summer! I think these types of slides tend to be much more interesting!

• 1 month later...

I started ranking water slides and rides that are similar to water slides ever since Splashin Safari so here's what I found to be my favorites:

1. Wildebeest (Splashin Safari) - Awesome sensation of speed, airtime, and very long.

2. The Viper (ZDT's) - Ridiculously powerful sensation of speed, super powerful airtime, but pretty short.

3. Dragon's Revenge (Schlitterbahn New Braunfels) - Great theming, fun elements, and a great drop at the end.

4. Mammoth (Splashin Safari) - Super fun banked turns, airtime, and super long. Would place above Dragon's Revenge if there weren't water cannons trying to make you go blind during the entire ride.

5. The Viper's Tail (ZDT's) - Hilarious airtime.

6. Black Knight (Schlitterbahn New Braunfels) - Great sensation of speed, plus there are two of them and the waits are shorter than the other slides.

7. Dragon Slide (Downata Hot Springs) - Just a ton of fun. Great sensation of speed and you can really fly through some of the turns.

There are plenty of others but these are the most memorable and fun.

Also note that I've only been to a select few waterparks, and that I put flumes, shoot-the-chutes, and rapids rides separate from slides.

• 1 year later...

You know, when I was younger I wasn't a big fan of Water Parks... But as time goes on, I am finding more and more of an appeal to Water Parks!!

That being said, after a recent trip to Dollywood's Splash Country I have a few new favorites!!

1.) RiverRush (Dollywood's Splash Country)

2.) SwiftWater Run (Dollywood's Splash Country)

3.) Brainwash (Wet-n-Wild Orlando)

4.) Bomb Bay (Wet-n-Wild Orlando) ------ But then again, I love pretty much ALL trap door slides!

5.) Kalani Towers Mat Racer (White Water - Branson) --- But honestly I LOVE pretty much all mat racers!