If you were following along on the TPR Facebook page yesterday, you would know that we got a backstage construction tour of Wild Eagle. Thanks a ton to Pete Owens once again for taking the time to give us a closer look at this amazing looking ride!
Here are a few notes before I move on to the photos:
- The trains are not on site and are not expected to arrive until early January. There is nothing wrong here, they are just still being fabricated. Everything is fine and still on schedule.
- With the track completed, you can now see more of the ride from different parts of the park. From the parking lot, you get a great view of the lift hill and all four looping elements. The ride really looks amazing from here and will really set the tone as you arrive at the park! You can also see the immelman from the parking lot tram drop-off area. (see photo below)
- With the track complete, all of the construction work has shifted focus onto the ride's loading station.
- As you can probably deduce, they are ahead of schedule now but still have the loading station and entrance plaza to go, as well as other finishing touches.
- Once the trains arrive on site, you can expect testing to begin soon after. So, it is possible that this will begin in January. Of course, the park will be closed so it will be kind of hard to see it.
- From how Pete described the entrance plaza, you will not be disappointed as the theming in this area sounds amazing!
- As the construction site was active yesterday and the crane was in operation, we were not able to go up to the main portion of the ride. But don't worry, I plan on going back a couple more times before the ride opens, so those photos will come soon enough!
Okay, on to the photos!