Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:51 pm

So it sounds like Dollywoods new coaster is customized a little. The new video calls it the "largest and fastest in it's family of rides". I don't really like that marketing for it but hey, we at least know it's bigger than all like it!

But I guess technically it might not be faster than it's other clones if it's just the largest and fastest model! But hey with the art showing two trains that means it's probably larger than others

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 pm

Just got back from the park. If you can get down and ride LR since it’s re opened. It absolutely hauled today from start to finish and the launch packs a punch. I did get some air at the top as well. The pot hole was gone, and the quad down’s ejector is even more intense if that’s even possible.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:58 am

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:Just got back from the park. If you can get down and ride LR since it’s re opened. It absolutely hauled today from start to finish and the launch packs a punch. I did get some air at the top as well. The pot hole was gone, and the quad down’s ejector is even more intense if that’s even possible.

I'm just hoping against hope that it manages to hold out until early December. The family and I are going to be taking off a week and are heading back down that way for an early Xmas vacation. Fingers crossed!
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Djwadeknox » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Tomorrow will mark the one week of LR being back open. As far as I can tell it’s had no downtime to speak of. Are we out of the woods yet?
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:41 pm

^ No, you just jinxed it......again.

(See page 1699) :Pr
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Jccoasterfan wrote:Just incase anyone is curious, here’s a photo that has been circulating around on facebook showing the difference between the train fronts:

Ewwww, nooo!!!

Like yes, I'm glad it's back up and workingish... But the new front of the trains looks like a massive downgrade.

Not that it will affect the ride at all... but still.
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Jccoasterfan wrote:Just incase anyone is curious, here’s a photo that has been circulating around on facebook showing the difference between the train fronts:

Ewwww, nooo!!!

Like yes, I'm glad it's back up and workingish... But the new front of the trains looks like a massive downgrade.

Not that it will affect the ride at all... but still.

Honestly when I rode Monday night, I glanced and was like “Ok that’s the new front? Ok cool looks lighter.” Never paid any more attention. I think it’s because ever other time I’ve ridden it I’ve slowly watched everything be removed from the other. (Lights, Tires, Bumper). If you do ride in the front you get this track view that adds an extra edge which is cool too.

Yes it’s different, but trust me. In person, it’s not as bad as people are making it. I’d rather a working coaster that hauls and performs all the time with a smaller hood, rather than one that’s down and tears it’s decorative hood up.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Still looks like a hot rod to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Well. Here it is. 2019 operating schedule.
CD6A52B8-53B4-4E29-A465-8393C8AAED50.jpeg

Notible changes;
In March, The park will close at 6:00pm instead of 7:00pm, except on Saturdays, the park will now close at 8:00pm instead of 9:00pm.
For April, May and first part of June, on Saturday’s the park will now close at 8:00pm instead of 9:00pm
During the Dollywood Summer celebration, the park will close at 9:30pm instead of 10:00pm.
For the Dollywood Harvest Festival and the GREAT Pumpkin LumiNights, in October the park will be closed on Tuesdays.

And Dollywood’s Splash Country

C7D132B8-B00C-48BC-882D-EF798F2A7F3D.jpeg

Changes:
The park will no longer close at 8:00pm on Saturdays in July.
The last week of August the park will only be open Sunday and Saturday.

Subject to change though. As you know they made a bunch of changes to 2018’s schedule before the season started.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mckayj93 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 am

I hope they will actually have a season pass holder day this year. There were a few discounts opening day, but it was nice having the day before.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!