Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:58 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ViperGTS500 wrote:a company is coming in this week for it but diddnt know who.

Probably these guys.

OMG, that is awesome. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :nina:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 pm

I think the best part of his interview is another confirmation that this is a multi-year project. The announcement is phase 1 and this also goes along with Jane Coopers statements in the blooloop interview. It also confirms the "Cave/Tunnel" on the map might lead to phase 2. Right now we are at what 5 - 6 acres? He said the entire expansion would be 14ish! So phase 2 will be 10 acres or so? Large coaster on those 10 acres?? New hotel?? A completely different themed land?

The tunnel/cave is already on the map, I wonder when they will announce the rest? Leaving the tunnel/cave on the map, if that is actually the path to another part of the expansion, makes me believe they will announce more sooner rather than later. The new area already looks AMAZING but knowing it isn't stopping soon is a great sign and even more exciting.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 pm

dstephe9 wrote:I think the best part of his interview is another confirmation that this is a multi-year project. The announcement is phase 1 and this also goes along with Jane Coopers statements in the blooloop interview. It also confirms the "Cave/Tunnel" on the map might lead to phase 2. Right now we are at what 5 - 6 acres? He said the entire expansion would be 14ish! So phase 2 will be 10 acres or so? Large coaster on those 10 acres?? New hotel?? A completely different themed land?

Things will get very interesting if they do a themed hotel with a park gate that's exclusive to those that would be staying there.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:05 pm

^ That sounded just like what Tokyo Disney Sea is now planning to build: a hotel
with private access to and from their expansion of the park (Magical Springs?), by 2022.

It's a catchy idea for parks, if they have the space to build it alongside the park itself. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Phase 2 being bigger than phase 1, I can easily see a hotel. And HFE president did mention they are looking into the next step for their lodging at Dollywood. It's going to be an exciting couple years!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Firechaser » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 pm

The only thing that keeps me from thinking that the park would build a hotel right at the park is that the road which leads to DreamMore is called Dollywood Resorts Blvd. So it seems like Dollywood's plans for building more hotels is in the area near DreamMore.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Doesn't mean they can build multiple resorts. I can see them building maybe a campground around dreammore at some point and a resort on property. I mean, I don't see 4 hotels being built! There are to many already in the area but I can see Dollywood putting their twist on a campground, and then maybe an on-site resort

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ragerunner1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:36 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see in phase 2 a well themed indoor dark ride. This land's new theme would give them a lot of options.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Double post
Last edited by dstephe9 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Triple post, lame Tapatalk
Last edited by dstephe9 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!