Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby ViperGTS500 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

At the park now, asked a worker about lightning rod and that person said at a meetimg, a company is coming in this week for it but diddnt know who.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm

ViperGTS500 wrote:a company is coming in this week for it but diddnt know who.

Probably these guys.
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm

This new land for Dollywood looks awesome and all and can't wait to go and check it out...But does anyone wanna place bets on when it'll be open in 2019? Not that I wanna bet, I just wonder if Dollywood can realistically get this open before Summer next year. This is huge and maybe a little pessimistic but I'm guessing it may either open in stages throughout the year or all at once late in the year...Maybe late Summer. I'd be totally surprised if this is open before July 2019.

Postby neilnky » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:16 pm

The Geek Mojo wrote:This new land for Dollywood looks awesome and all and can't wait to go and check it out...But does anyone wanna place bets on when it'll be open in 2019? Not that I wanna bet, I just wonder if Dollywood can realistically get this open before Summer next year. This is huge and maybe a little pessimistic but I'm guessing it may either open in stages throughout the year or all at once late in the year...Maybe late Summer. I'd be totally surprised if this is open before July 2019.

I was curious of that too. One of the analysis videos I watched (can't remember which one) stated they figured it would be May before it was ready. I bet they will try their best to be ready on opening day though! Since they are four years ahead on the $300 million expenditures I wonder if we will go several years with no additions or not. Dolly stated they about ran out of money so she was going to be making more so who knows they may just bust their budget and keep adding lol

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Pete said in an interview today that the 2019 addition is just Phase One. He said Phase One and Two put together are around 15 acres. Which is so huge haha. So we are just now dipping into this expansion. He also said that LR WILL NOT be getting a chain lift, that they are waiting to do some safety check offs and get it to their liking. They’re working on something that they want to work over a long period. There’s the interview
https://youtu.be/9312r6T832w

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:Pete said in an interview today...that LR WILL NOT be getting a chain lift, that they are waiting to do some safety check offs and get it to their liking. They’re working on something that they want to work over a long period. There’s the interview

And the angels sang, HALLELUJAH (the launch is not the issue confirmed)

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 am

Parking capacity is low. A couple years ago when they were breaking their own records, it wasn't uncommon to have guest park in splash country for Dollywood.. they haven't needed to do that this year or much last year because attendance has been down but if it brings a lot of guest, yes parking will need to increase

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Postby neilnky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 am

dstephe9 wrote:Parking capacity is low. A couple years ago when they were breaking their own records, it wasn't uncommon to have guest park in splash country for Dollywood.. they haven't needed to do that this year or much last year because attendance has been down but if it brings a lot of guest, yes parking will need to increase

I was thinking that may be the case. When I look at google maps of some places (Six Flags St Louis comes to mind), the parking areas are often as big as the whole park lol.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 am

thrillerman1 wrote:
Dollywoodlover20 wrote:Pete said in an interview today...that LR WILL NOT be getting a chain lift, that they are waiting to do some safety check offs and get it to their liking. They’re working on something that they want to work over a long period. There’s the interview

Considering the launch and speed record was the big marketing campaign around the ride, I'm not shocked it's staying. Hopefully these fixes finally work, but the proof is when it can actually operate through a summer.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 am

thrillerman1 wrote:

He's been saying that for years.. next month folks will be saying the launch is to blame yet again lol. That's why I always try and remind folks lol

The launch is the only part that has actually been mentioned several times as consistently running great every since opening season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!