Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1603: 5 acre expansion expected in '19 behind Thunderhead
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby vertec909 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

View from mystery mine
20180420_150636.jpg
20180420_150639.jpg
20180420_150641.jpg
20180420_150654.jpg
20180420_150658.jpg
Last edited by vertec909 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:01 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:27 pm

vertec909 wrote:Someone is back!

:lover: :lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Jesus Christ they really decimated that section of the park with construction... That looks horrible.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Wow that looks rough. Well hopefully next year it will look significantly better. I'm pretty eager to see what all these new flats will be in addition to the Family Vekoma that in my opinion looks like a blast based off the videos of Orkanen. Definitely will be a solid add to Dollywoods lineup.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Bobby2889 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Unfortunately with all the grading needed to flatten a large enough area to expand in, all trees had to be removed, I don’t see any way they could have gotten around it. I wish they would take a page from Disney’s book and plant full mature trees and build berms to encase the areas better.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Wow...there really is no helping how bare this looks is there? I don’t mean to complain and yes I know in order to expand removal of trees had to happen. It’s just in the manner they’ve done it, it makes it feel completely not Dollywood. While the rest of the park seems to have this hidden “what’s around the next turn” feel..this has an eyesore feel to it. I’m just hoping they do some serious Disney type tree transplant to help.
As far as Rod Run crowds....avoid. We always avoid Rod Run if we can every year simply because you will sit in traffic starting from Sevierville and you will sit there for 2+ hours if you’re lucky. As far as the park it has been known to pack up badly. I went once with friends and lines were all at an hour min. So put it at a peak summer day. Although the most crowded I’ve ever personally seen the park is last year’s Luminights. I was there when the fights broke out, lines were jumped, etc. It was hectic and hopefully it’s better this year. The main problem was bottlenecking up near where Firechaser/River Battle was. Lots of photo ops, kids running to coasters, characters dancing, vendors, photographers trying to get you to get a photograph...Yea messy. Beautiful but messy.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:01 pm

As a tree lover, it is always disappointing to see such massive land clearing. But with that being said, I know it will be a beautiful finished project. And Dollywood replants I believe two trees for every one removed.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote: you will sit in traffic starting from Sevierville and you will sit there for 2+ hours if you’re lucky.

I sure take the back way (Veterans off 411 east side of Sevieville instead of the Parkway.

Doesn't help with crowd at park but I generally avoid the parkway.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Last year duing rod run though, I couldn't even get to veterans! The main road was backed up pretty much to about Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

That's not far from the interstate

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I Love Donkeys!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 pm

dstephe9 wrote:Last year duing rod run though, I couldn't even get to veterans! The main road was backed up pretty much to about Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

Not perfect. Still better than the parkway to the south end of Veterans.

But I've not seen 66 that bad.
haven't been there Rod Run weekend in a few years though. even then I wasn't coming down 66.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!