Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:This should help open that park of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

While that portion of the park is obviously necessary, it's my firm belief that it's complete and utter garbage. Anything they do to improve it would be much appreciated.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

It's very similar in design to Whistle Punk Chaser is my guess.. that area is due for another renovation and removing sideshow spin will open room for another flat there..

The entire "fair' area has gone almost all kiddy and I feel Dollywood can do a much better job making it feel like a fair and by putting some rides that are a little more extreme fair rides.. yes, kids need rides to but I hardly ever visit that area anymore.. a good mix of rides is needed there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mordecai-75 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 pm

They have Drop Line listed as 200ft after Pete himself said 230ft as does the promo video, i don't get it?

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby STDog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:09 pm

My 12yr old, who's favorite rides are WE, LR, and FCE, rides the Dizzy Disc, Waltzing Swinger, and Ferris Wheel at least once each trip.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:56 pm

dstephe9 wrote:
Djwadeknox wrote:It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

It's very similar in design to Whistle Punk Chaser is my guess.. that area is due for another renovation and removing sideshow spin will open room for another flat there..

The entire "fair' area has gone almost all kiddy and I feel Dollywood can do a much better job making it feel like a fair and by putting some rides that are a little more extreme fair rides.. yes, kids need rides to but I hardly ever visit that area anymore.. a good mix of rides is needed there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is very true, it's needed a renovation for at least a decade now. Everything down there is depressing and worn out looking, especially the food places.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Djwadeknox » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 am

DollyWould wrote:Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?

Very interesting... I think they would have plenty of room back on that side of the park for some major redesign. The Magic shop could easily be moved to the other side of the train depot.
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

:?: :?: :?:
Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:08 pm

—duplicate post, sorry—

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:01 pm

DollyWould wrote::?: :?: :?:
Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.

It also doesn't show Firechaser Express. The website version does show both, but not Drop Line.

They updated the app about a month ago, it was much needed.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!