Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 13246
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:This should help open that park of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?


While that portion of the park is obviously necessary, it's my firm belief that it's complete and utter garbage. Anything they do to improve it would be much appreciated.

I love donkeys more than me.
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Location: Eastern USA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Djwadeknox wrote:It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

It's very similar in design to Whistle Punk Chaser is my guess.. that area is due for another renovation and removing sideshow spin will open room for another flat there..

The entire "fair' area has gone almost all kiddy and I feel Dollywood can do a much better job making it feel like a fair and by putting some rides that are a little more extreme fair rides.. yes, kids need rides to but I hardly ever visit that area anymore.. a good mix of rides is needed there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 25 May 2015
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Age: 36

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby mordecai-75 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 pm

They have Drop Line listed as 200ft after Pete himself said 230ft as does the promo video, i don't get it?

I teach at the school of donkey!
 
Posts: 312
Joined: 10 Jun 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby STDog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:09 pm

My 12yr old, who's favorite rides are WE, LR, and FCE, rides the Dizzy Disc, Waltzing Swinger, and Ferris Wheel at least once each trip.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 216
Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby LukeFlynn » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:56 pm

dstephe9 wrote:
Djwadeknox wrote:It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?

It's very similar in design to Whistle Punk Chaser is my guess.. that area is due for another renovation and removing sideshow spin will open room for another flat there..

The entire "fair' area has gone almost all kiddy and I feel Dollywood can do a much better job making it feel like a fair and by putting some rides that are a little more extreme fair rides.. yes, kids need rides to but I hardly ever visit that area anymore.. a good mix of rides is needed there

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk


This is very true, it's needed a renovation for at least a decade now. Everything down there is depressing and worn out looking, especially the food places.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 09 Aug 2010
Location: Hixson, TN (Metro Chattanooga/Middle Valley)
Gender: Male

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby DollyWould » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 259
Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Location: Knox,TN
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Djwadeknox » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 am

DollyWould wrote:Heartsong—The Movie is no longer listed among the attractions on the website either. It appears may have been quietly retired from the entertainment lineup. Perhaps this is sign leading to that entire end of the Village Square to be redeveloped in the future. The Whistlestop Grill between Costner & Sons Magic Shop and the Heartsong Theater hasn't operated in nearly a decade. Anyone else think if the Magic Shop was relocated or closed down, that the area could be opened up for a future dark ride? Is there enough room to fit a major dark ride there?



Very interesting... I think they would have plenty of room back on that side of the park for some major redesign. The Magic shop could easily be moved to the other side of the train depot.
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 09 Aug 2010
Location: Hixson, TN (Metro Chattanooga/Middle Valley)
Gender: Male

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby DollyWould » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm

:?: :?: :?:
Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.

Macaroni and Donkey
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 09 Aug 2010
Location: Hixson, TN (Metro Chattanooga/Middle Valley)
Gender: Male

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby DollyWould » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:08 pm

—duplicate post, sorry—

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 216
Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby LukeFlynn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:01 pm

DollyWould wrote::?: :?: :?:
Also, it is interesting to note while on the subject of the upcoming 2017 season, Dollywood has released an brand new version of the official park's app. Currently the new app does not show Lightning Rod on the park's map. Rather curious, huh? Maybe there just still in the process of updating the map as it already shows Drop Line and what appears to be outline of the Whistle Punk Chaser.


It also doesn't show Firechaser Express. The website version does show both, but not Drop Line.

They updated the app about a month ago, it was much needed.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron