Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1575: Historic investment in entertainment during 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm

It's very hit and miss that time of year.. a few years ago we had a very pretty weekend around Thanksgiving.. I can't remember if it was the weekend before or the weekend of.. but anyways, it was a record breaking day at the park! We are talking over 35000 guest.. the week was pretty to so it was fairly busy during the week even

During that time of year they focus on the evening so most of the weeks hours are afternoon evening only unless it's the week of a holiday and the know folks will be off.. if you want long hours you have to visit on weekend

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:Should we reschedule for the week of Thanksgiving where the park opens at 11am? That would be driving on the 20th, park on the 21st and possibly 22nd, then driving through the night to my sister's place to gorge on turkey.

I'd reschedule for the week of the 20th.

1.) The park opens earlier which means more ride time!!

2.) The Christmas event will already be going on, so you'll still get to enjoy that.

3.) Better weather??

4.) If it's busy you can always buy their unlimited line skip program, and you'll be set!!

As for 1 or 2 days?? That's entirely up to you. We did 2 days at the park and it was MORE than enough. If I had to do our trip all over again, I would just have done 1 day. (And I bet I'm in the minority on this.)

Either way, you're going to love the park. It's beautiful, it has awesome shows, amazing food, great rides, and a one of a kind atmosphere.

Best of luck on the trip!! Can't wait for a TR!
Bigger is not always better.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Does DW serve beer anywhere or are there places nearby to get a beer?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Cj1990 wrote:Does DW serve beer anywhere...

I don't think that Dollywood allows you to partake in the devils nectar while at the park.

However, I think I saw a liquor store some where near the park? Maybe?? Maybe not. Wasn't really looking.
Bigger is not always better.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Dreammore has a bar

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 pm

They don't sell any beer or liquor at Dollywood (in the park). There are however plenty of restaurants in Pigeon Forge that do. There are even Moonshine tasting places in the area.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Dollywood doesn't allow alcohol. But the Island which is honestly 5-10 mins from the park has bars on every corner and Ole Smoky Moonshine, along with the bars on the strip. Gatlinburg is the same, with another Ole Smoky, Sugarland's, and there's another one I can't think of. Gatlinburg is where your "bars" are. Moonshine holler has a great atmosphere as well even if you don't drink. There's always live music in the afternoon through the night.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby mckayj93 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 pm

I went to Christmas In The Smokies last year the week between Christmas and New Years, it was insanely packed lol. I'd recommend 1st week of December. That is when I planned my trip. I normally judge expected crowd levels by hotel prices, and I'm staying at my 2nd favorite Wyndham property in Pigeon Forge for $32 each night lol. If you haven't been to the festival in a few years, It's A Wonderful Life was fantastic last year, as was Christmas In The Smokies
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:05 am

Cj1990 wrote:Does DW serve beer anywhere or are there places nearby to get a beer?

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75139&hilit=Moonshine
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby mckayj93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Wonder why the 3 hour wait for Daredevil Falls?
IMG_2058.PNG
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!