Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1541 - Splash Battle to be removed for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby BeansproutMidget » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:43 am

Wow, awesome pics! I love seeing what parks do during the off-season, and seeing even the small changes like the walkways and the paint. Get's me excited for our trip this year!
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:31 am

dstephe9 wrote:No more large pizza is the worse news ever! That's why the line was so long there.. now it'll be no different than the other pizza joint.. that rlly didn't not make my night haha.. the lines where never super long like a lot of restaurants.. I bet it also has to do with cost cutting.. but I really loved the restaurant

Hopefully it's still made the same way and not some cheap personal pan style tiny pizza.. if the flavor is still the same and still that stone baked pizza style I'm sure I'll still enjoy it but the novelty of a large slice of pizza is gone. I always see families buying the entire pizza and just see their face when they bring it out haha.

Curious to hear about other projects.. I know they planned to do a lot of remodeling this year.. A lot of the park needed a facelift and it sounds like they are getting one.. glad to hear they are moving a lot of AC units to rooftops and out of sight..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lumberjack's and Dogs 'n Taters were the only food joints I really enjoyed at Dollywood. I'm really sad that they're removing the GOOD pizza, it was surprisingly decent for theme park pizza.. I hope it's not going to be the same swill they have at Victoria's near the county fair area.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Awesome off season report!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm so excited for our visit to the park this year!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:24 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:No more large pizza is the worse news ever! That's why the line was so long there.. now it'll be no different than the other pizza joint.. that rlly didn't not make my night haha.. the lines where never super long like a lot of restaurants.. I bet it also has to do with cost cutting.. but I really loved the restaurant

Hopefully it's still made the same way and not some cheap personal pan style tiny pizza.. if the flavor is still the same and still that stone baked pizza style I'm sure I'll still enjoy it but the novelty of a large slice of pizza is gone. I always see families buying the entire pizza and just see their face when they bring it out haha.

Curious to hear about other projects.. I know they planned to do a lot of remodeling this year.. A lot of the park needed a facelift and it sounds like they are getting one.. glad to hear they are moving a lot of AC units to rooftops and out of sight..

Lumberjack's and Dogs 'n Taters were the only food joints I really enjoyed at Dollywood. I'm really sad that they're removing the GOOD pizza, it was surprisingly decent for theme park pizza.. I hope it's not going to be the same swill they have at Victoria's near the county fair area.

Theme Park pizza, even the pizza at Victoria's (beside the country Fair) taste like frozen pizza to me . It probably is!! BUT lumberjacks was fresh baked.. heck, you could watch them doing it.. Although thinner, it always reminded me of stone baked Pizza from Mellow Mushroom or from Whole Foods or other fresh baked places.. you could taste the difference, and it was excellent pizza.

They can still make fresh personal pan pizza and if they do, I'm sure it'll be great.. I'm just afraid they will go to your typical frozen pizza though :( I would be willing to bet they won't spend the time freshly preparing each individual personal pan pizza.. that would take a lot of time.

I understand wanting to increase capacity and line speed but I never really stood in line very long for that restaurant. They had plenty of pizza, pre cut pizza, and just handed it to you.. it's still a bummer to me but there is still plenty of good food I guess ha-ha

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:48 pm

^ Maybe just the dough bases will be pre-made, then frozen/refridgerated for later use? :?r
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 pm

Maybe haha, if they can somehow keep it fresh I'm sure it'll still be great..I mean, I loved the value and novelty of the huge slices but the most important part was the taste and quality.. if they keep that, ill probably still love it

I haven't had time to view the pics yet (they aren't showing on mobile) but could anyone tell if the stone ovens are gone for lumberjack? I'm sure if they are going to premade personal pan pizzas they will switch to those pull through ovens like Little Cesar's and pizza hut use.

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Overall though, I'm sure the GP would rather have quick service and just pizza in general so I understand why they are doing it..

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Pizza, pizza, pizza.......

pizza. :(
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby STDog » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Hope they don't ruin the walk up to Thunderhead.
Wider is OK, but the straightening worries me some.

The point wasn't to be fast, but an enjoyable walk.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby mordecai-75 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:20 pm

^ Personally i have always found that walk way to be a little bland and boring. I think that it is the perfect part of the park to add a couple of traditional family flat rides to. A tilt 'a' whirl or wipeout for example could fit in easily and be themed to fit Timber Canyon quite nicely if done right. (Which Dollywood would most certainly do) Widening the path will be a plus in every way i can think of, but adding a queue line or two along the way would help human traffic jamming more then anything else in my opinion.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!