Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1541 - Splash Battle to be removed for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:28 pm

^^ To me, that second photo...it looks kind of....odd to me. Just...out there.
Does it have anything that might be used to light the head up at night?
Or make it move at all?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm

It's drained or looked drain as far as I could tell and it also had a big fence around it so you can't see in (aside from peaking through the gaps. Which I did.. it was hard to see but drained but no other work had been done yet as far as I could tell).. it had advertisments for Luminights all around the fence.. Almost made me wonder if the maze is going to be located there! I doubt it but other than luminights being posted all around the fence, no other teasers were up

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Last edited by dstephe9 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:30 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^^ To me, that second photo...it looks kind of....odd to me. Just...out there.
Does it have anything that might be used to light the head up at night?
Or make it move at all?
They actually have a bunch of them hanging like ghost.. grabbing a pic was just a last minute idea so I didn't get the rest in the pic

But yes, they had a black wire running to them so I'd imagine they have lights in them

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Wild Eagle @ Dollywood G-Force rating??

Postby davidishka » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm a bit of a coaster newbie, and I would like some feedback from more experienced coaster riders. I LOVE Wild Eagle and I was just wondering if anyone knows or can roughly guess how intense the G's are? (based off other rides that feel about the same and actually list their g force measurements)

I understand some people like to call it "Mild Beagle" although personally i feel it's very intense, i'd just like to know my g-force tolerance and eagle feels like it's my highest without passing out, considering everytime i go on it i nearly lose my vision during the first loop and the other elements with higher forces. i've been wanting to go on stuff like the tennessee tornado and etc but the G-forces are listed as 3.7, and i'm afraid of passsing out since i feel like eagle is a bit more tame. what are your thoughts?
Thanks!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Wild Eagle @ Dollywood G-Force rating??

Postby LukeFlynn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Not sure on the topic exactly, but I think you should get on Tennessee Tornado regardless!
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby SingleRiderCam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm

I've recently had experiences like this, but I think you would be fine one Tennessee Tornado. It's very short and there's only one moment on the ride where you would slightly lose your vision. Just try it out, the worst that could happen is if the forces make you slightly nauseous, if that's the case and you have the choice to sit at a nearby bench, then the ride isn't for you, but if you do feel the same experience as on Wild Eagle, then you are ready for most of the rest of the park. Take this from a guy who has suffered through Irritable Bowel Syndrome for the past 2 years and has slowly recovered into riding coasters (including intense ones like Lightning Rod and Afterburn).
Last edited by SingleRiderCam on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 am.
Favorite Steel- 1.Fury 325 2.Twisted Colossus 3.Skyrush 4.YOLOcoaster 5.Xcelerator
Favorite Wooden- 1.Lightning Rod 2.Phoenix 3.White Lightning 4.Thunderhead 5.Flying Turns
Favorite Parks- 1.Disneyland 2.Epcot 3.Dollywood 4.Unviersal's Islands of Adventure 5.Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Forces work differently on different people. I could fall asleep on Wild Eagle after getting the great views going up the lift, but could marathon Tennessee Tornado and enjoy myself with it's perfect level of intensity.
Current Coaster Count: 85
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mckayj93 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:47 am

I think where you sit on the train affects that a lot, especially on Wild Eagle. The back is much more forceful than the front, and the left and right are different experiences. Even with your experience you mentioned, there is nothing I'd be afraid to ride at Dollywood. Just save Lightning Rod for last :)
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby fireman1000 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 am

mckayj93 wrote:I think where you sit on the train affects that a lot, especially on Wild Eagle. The back is much more forceful than the front, and the left and right are different experiences. Even with your experience you mentioned, there is nothing I'd be afraid to ride at Dollywood. Just save Lightning Rod for last :)

The last seat on the far right is the best in my opinion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 am

davidishka wrote: i'm afraid of passsing out since i feel like eagle is a bit more tame. what are your thoughts?

You're not going to pass out on any roller coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!