Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1541 - Splash Battle to be removed for 2018
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Exactly, people ignore them.. nothing's changed, people just don't listen or want to follow the rules haha

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Keetz wrote:All these accounts about lose articles flying around on LR has me surprised. Has the loading procedure changed on LR since last year? Last year before you were even assigned a row, an attendant would loudly state something like "Lightning Rod WILL take any lose articles you have and EJECT THEM FROM THE TRAIN. If this happens WE WILL NOT GO FIND YOUR PHONE. ALL ARTICLES MUST BE PLACED IN THE BIN! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

Then upon loading they would take your articles for you and place them in the bin. The process was a bit extra, but I think it worked. Even if they still did this I can see people being stupid enough to ignore it so they can get a crappy snap chat.

When I was there in July they were giving this same loose article spiel every single train and the attendants would take everything from you to place in a bin. They have fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo out front but they aren't free so not many people use them. However, tons of people don't want to be without their phone for the 60 seconds you'll be on the ride and just put it in their pockets or sit on it. There are also items that fly out accidentally - such as my SO's wallet, which was in a very tightly buttoned back pocket and somehow flew out during the ride. Thankfully it didn't hit anybody and unbelievably the folks at DW found it in the woods 4 days later and mailed it back home for us at no cost. We still don't know how exactly the wallet flew out of the pocket because the space is too small for it to fit thru. The pocket was still buttoned when he got off the ride, and when we sat down to do restraints I specifically asked him if his pocket was secured and he checked it. The forces on Lightning Rod ARE NO FREAKING JOKE and literally launched his wallet right out. Usually he wears zipper pants but they were dirty from the park the day before.

On the train before our lost-wallet ride someone lost their cell phone and not even an hour later someone else got hit in the face with a cell phone. At that point the LR ops were literally making people turn their pockets inside out before allowing them to be assigned rows. Then once on the train they had two different ops go up and down each side of the train stopping at every. single. seat. and asking each individual rider if they had ANYTHING at all on them. People would then pull out all kinds of things from their pockets to hand to the ops. It was intense but absolutely necessary, I think even more so than on El Toro (where I've gotten hit with phones, weaves, hats, and hair clips). Instead of a full wallet, SO now only takes in his ID and one credit card - which I then keep in my small fanny pack because his track record for losing things at various amusement parks and on ski slopes is impressive.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

At the park today, seems like the longest wait are for the trams! 15 mins and counting so far because they seem to only be running short A$$ trams and by the time they get to "C" they are full

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm

Doesn't look like two trains are helping LR much, it's stacking so bad the second train isn't really helping lines or the ride move any quicker.. maybe it helps during certain parts of the day but as of now it's not doing much on a slow day at the park

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Best part of Dollywood though! Nature and baby ducks Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 pm

^ OMG!!! They are so cute!!! I want one!!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:28 pm

dstephe9 wrote:Best part of Dollywood though! Nature and baby ducks

Adorable duckies! I saw a gorgeous skunk walking around near Blazing Fury one evening when I was there. Also saw some hilarious turtle happenings one afternoon at the turtle pond.

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm

I saw an albino skunk there a few years ago, told the crew about it and they said it was a regular and just to leave it alone and it would be fine :) lol

Dollywood was getting packed towards the end of the day.. I ended up leaving and heading towards cades cove which ended up being closed..

FYI for those visiting the next few days, the Park Service did end up closing almost all roads in the national park by dark tonight and started evacuating places like Cade's Cove, even the Campground.. so plan accordingly if you are visiting over the next few days when the rain hits!

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Few Teaser from luminights are out and about as well! Looks neat! ImageImage

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Have they started to drain River Battle yet??

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!