Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1413 - Grand Opening/Media Event for Drop Line!
Users viewing this topic: DJeXeL, Firechaser, harsaphes and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:04 pm

thisdougsforu wrote:Near the end of May my wife and I are taking a vacation to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina (can't wait to ride Swamp Fox!), and in the routing back home we've allowed for a full day's visit to Dollywood....on the Saturday of Memorial Weekend. Yes, I'm guessing that's probably one of the worst days we could pick to try and do the coasters but hey, it was either that or not visit and I desperately want to ride Lightning Rod!

Assuming we get to the park as soon as it opens, any tricks or routes I should follow? This will be our first trip to the park.

Stay late as well if possible.. I go in the evenings a lot and even on the busiest days, the last hour or so is a good time to grab a lot of rides on the coasters.. the lines are fairly short then

But, depending on where they plan to soot fireworks, some of the coasters might close during the fireworks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby thisdougsforu » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Thanks for the responses all. Sadly, we cannot extend the trip by another day. We already extending it as is to visit Dollywood but at least it'll be a full day, most likely from open til close.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby LukeFlynn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:31 pm

mckayj93 wrote:Just found out I don't have work opening weekend. I know opening day is the 18th, but where is the info on season passholders for the 17th? Any tips for opening weekend?

I called last week, the 17th is for pass-holders only. Evidently all rides and even shows will be operating. I've never been on an exclusive passholder day, so I can't speak for what the crowds may look like. I'm planning on visiting nonetheless, if it's crowded I may return the 19th.

Also, it doesn't seem to be something they advertise heavily. It's noted under the printable version of the yearly calendar which can be found here.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby STDog » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:I called last week, the 17th is for pass-holders only. Evidently all rides and even shows will be operating. I've never been on an exclusive passholder day, so I can't speak for what the crowds may look like.

I've been for the passholder day a few times. All rides up and and most shows though limited schedule. Usually not very busy.

Also, it doesn't seem to be something they advertise heavily.

Usually​ email ads to passholders, but closer to opening weekend. It's really aimed at locals who only need a few days notice.

But it's always the Friday before official opening day (Saturday).

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby LukeFlynn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:32 am

STDog wrote:
LukeFlynn wrote:I called last week, the 17th is for pass-holders only. Evidently all rides and even shows will be operating. I've never been on an exclusive passholder day, so I can't speak for what the crowds may look like.

I've been for the passholder day a few times. All rides up and and most shows though limited schedule. Usually not very busy.

Also, it doesn't seem to be something they advertise heavily.

Usually​ email ads to passholders, but closer to opening weekend. It's really aimed at locals who only need a few days notice.

But it's always the Friday before official opening day (Saturday).

Good to know! Thanks. I consider myself a local, but in recent years I've waited until May or June to buy passes.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ShaneH » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:41 am

I'll be visiting the park in the spring and wanted to know if you have to pay for parking on both days if you use the "after 3 next day free ticket"
Steel: Iron Rattler|Millennium Force|I305|Wicked Cyclone|Superman(SFNE)
Wood: El Toro|Voyage|Lightning Rod |Phoenix|Legend

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby bluestreak » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 am

ShaneH wrote:I'll be visiting the park in the spring and wanted to know if you have to pay for parking on both days if you use the "after 3 next day free ticket"

You'll still have to pay to park in believe.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:09 pm

Yes, only the entery fee is free the second day. At least that's how it was when I last used that deal over 10 years ago! It might of been changed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mckayj93 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:43 pm

If anyone has a bring a friend pass that you won't be able to use, I'm looking for one more for a friend. If your willing to give it away, or I can pay some. Thanks!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Djwadeknox » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:17 pm

It looks like from everything on the website including the height requirement for 2017 that the Sideshow Spin Kiddy Coaster will not be returning for this season. This should help open that part of the park up a little! I do wonder why they are taking it out?
IMG_0791.PNG
Last edited by Djwadeknox on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:39 pm.
Dollywood Rocks and I like turtles!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!