Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1413 - Grand Opening/Media Event for Drop Line!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 pm

^ Now, how did I ever miss a name like White Punk Chaser...?

:lol:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:49 pm

It's the new Steve Bannen KKK coaster. :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:It's the new Steve Bannon KKK coaster. :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

If that's the case, I can see a clone coming to SDC! :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 pm

chickenbowl wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:^It's probably pretty much in place and built. Opening weekend is in like 6 weeks.

Can you confirm that? I hope you're right as I'll be visiting in late April.

But like dstephe9 said, On Jan 7 at an ACE event, Pete Owens said that both Drop Line and White Punk Chaser are scheduled to open around Memorial Day.

I wonder if this will be the start of a new Dollywood trend of their new rides opening around Memorial Day (before LR, many of their new rides had been open on Opening Day)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Incredible Hulk, Maverick, Banshee, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken, Rougarou
Top 5 wood: Shivering Timbers, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Mean Streak (RIP)

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm

*double post*
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Incredible Hulk, Maverick, Banshee, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken, Rougarou
Top 5 wood: Shivering Timbers, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Mean Streak (RIP)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:07 pm

^ #TakeADrinkEveryTime ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:03 pm

cparkes92 wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:^It's probably pretty much in place and built. Opening weekend is in like 6 weeks.

But like dstephe9 said, On Jan 7 at an ACE event, Pete Owens said that both Drop Line and White Punk Chaser are scheduled to open around Memorial Day.

I wonder if this will be the start of a new Dollywood trend of their new rides opening around Memorial Day (before LR, many of their new rides had been open on Opening Day)

I hope not, I hate how six flags does this but hey it's the normal for most parks now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Postby cparkes92 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 pm

dstephe9 wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:

I hope not, I hate how six flags does this but hey it's the normal for most parks now

Cedar Fair (outside of KBF but that one is open all year) usually has new rides open on Opening Day. The last major CF ride I remember not opening on its park's Opening Day is Maverick, and that one still opened up Memorial Day weekend despite a very last minute track replacement

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Location: Prowling through the forest on a beast of a wooden coaster

Postby WOFanatic » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

cparkes92 wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:

Cedar Fair (outside of KBF but that one is open all year) usually has new rides open on Opening Day. The last major CF ride I remember not opening on its park's Opening Day is Maverick, and that one still opened up Memorial Day weekend despite a very last minute track replacement

Prowler and the Windseekers weren't ready on opening day neither. And if you count them, tons of smaller additions in the Cedar Fair chain didn't open with their parks as well. The Planet Snoopy rides at WOF last year were actually the first rides that opened on WOF's Opening Day since Patriot in 2006 (sorry to bring WOF into the equation. It's my home park so it's the easiest to remember opening dates).
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 am

Count me in for opening day as well, I just found out that that's the start of my Spring Break! :b

I could really use it already
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!