TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Light Green. The whole coaster is practically there

Yes, the track is light green but the picture I saw of the supports showed a darker green. It could’ve just been the angle, though. Hopefully this means that it won’t be too long before vertical construction will begin of the coaster.

Oh the supports are blue

I’ve seen many people state the supports are blue, I’m assuming they are referring to the pieces for Mad Mockingbird.

So glad you posted this. I know I am color deficient but I knew I saw what looked like blue supports by the green tracks lol. I feel like I'm not crazy now as those blue pcs were for Mad Mockingbird! So exciting to see the construction trucking along!

I’ve seen many people state the supports are blue, I’m assuming they are referring to the pieces for Mad Mockingbird.

So glad you posted this. I know I am color deficient but I knew I saw what looked like blue supports by the green tracks lol. I feel like I'm not crazy now as those blue pcs were for Mad Mockingbird! So exciting to see the construction trucking along!

Yep I was wrong. Sorry lol.

I did think it was weird to see like every single track piece and then like 1 blue support

I'm trying to plan a trip to Dollywood just before Thanksgiving. I went to buy season passes and the site says they are not for sale. Does anyone know when they will be back? I'm considering getting a SuperPass for the 20% discount at DreamMore...

Thanks,

Chris

Black bears are herbivores so unless a cub is being threatened they are kind of not aggressive but I still wouldn't get too close.
This is what I tell people all the time around here but they never believe me.. it's true though!! And even if they do get aggressive, their first sign of aggressiveness is usually a "bluff charge"! (Bad name that some folks even consider isn't a true or accurate name for what's happening) Sort of like playing chicken with a bear haha. They say the black bear will stop 100% of the time if anyone is ever brave enough to stand still and see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Black bears are herbivores so unless a cub is being threatened they are kind of not aggressive but I still wouldn't get too close.

They are omnivores. But I agree they are not that aggressive unless you annoy them. My encounters have been anticlimatic.

Grizzlies are more aggressive than the average bear, if you're in the northern Rockies.

I went to buy season passes and the site says they are not for sale. Does anyone know when they will be back?

I don't recall that ever happening.

They just rolled over to next year without a break.

And I thought '19 passes were already being offered. (Back in August there was a presale mentioned in an email)

I've bought in Oct many times.

Just guessing, but i'd expect them to be back up before the 10th when park reopens for Christmas.

(maybe a glitch with the new site updates)

But I'd recommend you call and ask.

Explain you're planning a trip and wanted to buy a pass for it.

I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread and the rumor was even put to rest when someone emailed the park concerning it, however, I am still hearing rumblings that mountain slidewinder is indeed done and being removed. Any thoughts? Or has anyone heard any additional rumors or speculations about it?

So, I had my first ever trip to Dollywood on Halloween, and it was PERFECT. The weather was amazing, crowds were non-existent, and I just couldn't have asked for a better day for a first impression of the park!

We basically walked on to all the rides; we did every coaster except Thunderhead and Blazing Fury. We ate a late lunch at Aunt Granny's, and omg, it was amazing. LumiNights was spectacular, and Wild Eagle and Firechaser Express at night are wonderful! Lightning Rod was our first ride of the day, and OMG, WOW. MINDBLOWING.

The Smoky Mountains are so beautiful, and Pigeon Forge looked like it had a lot of great stuff to do (we did an hour or so at The Christmas Place and I loved it!). We didn't even get to drive through Gatlinburg, so I can only imagine how much more there is to do there as well.

I want to take a two week trip back to that area. I've absolutely fallen in love!

EDIT: Oh, and the artist/calligrapher Victoria Rose at the Christmas Cottage was one of the nicest people I have ever met. My friends and I had a long conversation with her about various art things, and the experience left me with a lasting feeling of awesomeness.

I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread and the rumor was even put to rest when someone emailed the park concerning it, however, I am still hearing rumblings that mountain slidewinder is indeed done and being removed. Any thoughts? Or has anyone heard any additional rumors or speculations about it?

I think the concern started from the fact that Dollywood removed Mountainside Slidewinder from their website around Labor Day when it was closed for the season due to weather. I just checked the website and they've removed Daredevil Falls and Smoky Mountain River Rampage as well. I guarantee you they aren't removing all three of their water rides at once, so they probably just took them off the website since there's no chance of them opening at Smoky Mountain Christmas.

I think the concern started from the fact that Dollywood removed Mountainside Slidewinder from their website around Labor Day when it was closed for the season due to weather. I just checked the website and they've removed Daredevil Falls and Smoky Mountain River Rampage as well. I guarantee you they aren't removing all three of their water rides at once, so they probably just took them off the website since there's no chance of them opening at Smoky Mountain Christmas.

I wasn’t sure, because the rumblings I heard were coming from ride operators in the park. Plus the last couple seasons they’ve only ran the ride from late May to Labor Day which is what silver dollar city did before waterworks was removed. On another note though, the park posted on Facebook that Dolly will be at the park this weekend to kickoff Smoky Mountain Christmas.