Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Kind of interesting way to offer season passes as a marketing tool

https://www.dollywood.com/Deals/Special-Offers/2019-PreSale?cid=rdr_000086

No payment required at this time

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby hagwar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 am

Hey y'all a few quick questions please.

Planning on heading up on the weekend of August 24th -26th and head to the park on Sunday the 26th? How crowded do Sundays get and do you think I would need to purchase TimeSavers?

Here's one for the Atlanta crowd. I've been to the park several times before and while beautiful I always cringe about my brakes/tires/transmission on the pass from Cherokee to Gatlinburg. Looking on Goggle Maps it looks like I can route West and it only takes a few minutes longer. Has anyone taken the TN-68 route, is there a lot of twists, turns and hills? Looks tamer and more exciting scenery then the way west interstate route that adds 34 miles (but only 14 minutes to the trip).

Is it still free for someone to drop you off?

I renewed my season pass from 2017 and yet to go to 2018. Do I use the same pass or do I need to go get a 2018 pass?

Thank you!
Dollywood.png

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

I haven't been in several years. However, I was going year after year at one point and renewed my pass online and used that same pass over several years. Unless it has changed I think your pass should work.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am

You use the same pass from 2017 if you renewed online.. it should be active already so just go to the gate and you are good. No needy to stop at ticket windows

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am

hagwar wrote:Is it still free for someone to drop you off?

Pretty sure they still have a dropoff option.
I'd call to verify the details as I think they may have a dropoff point and tram instead of driving to entrance.

I wouldn't worry about TimeSaver and you could always get it in the park if you think it's needed.

Can't help with the routes there. I come through Chattanooga.

I'm still using a pass from 2015. It's even been changed to a gold pass in the system this year. Only an issue for shops that don't scan the pass.

Postby hagwar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you all for the advice.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby CedarFanboy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:04 pm

It is free to drop off, just tell the booth people you are doing so and they will direct you where to go.

Postby hagwar » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am

CedarFanboy wrote:It is free to drop off, just tell the booth people you are doing so and they will direct you where to go.

Thank you!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

hagwar wrote:a

Here's one for the Atlanta crowd. I've been to the park several times before and while beautiful I always cringe about my brakes/tires/transmission on the pass from Cherokee to Gatlinburg. Looking on Goggle Maps it looks like I can route West and it only takes a few minutes longer. Has anyone taken the TN-68 route, is there a lot of twists, turns and hills? Looks tamer and more exciting scenery then the way west interstate route that adds 34 miles (but only 14 minutes to the trip).

Thank you!

I assume you are showing your starting point? From that location, SR 68 will be fine. It isn't on the same planet as going through the national park. Your only risks are that it is two lanes and you are at the mercy of the vehicle in front of you. If a scenic drive is your thing, definitely recommend that route. If you are in a time crunch, use the interstate.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:25 am

On a minor topic: I hope they change the park map design. I love looking up the park maps for my favorite parks and this year's Dollywood map has been my least favorite. I just think Dollywood is so beautiful that it needs to come across on the park map more. Dollywood Splash Country's and Holiday World / Splashin Safari's maps come across alot better to me. It may be that there is just so much to cram in a park map you just can't get super detailed. I know it has to be a challenge. This year's map is just a bit "plain" to me. Am I crazy?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!