TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

- Popcorn buckets and mugs from last year are good this year. Staff verified this at multiple vendors.

Are they good for the $.99 refill prices on the mugs or the $3.99?

That's my question as well.. previous year mugs are always good the next year just not for 99 cents

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

... Dolly cracked a few jokes too- my favorite was a random guy screamed "Dolly your beautiful" while she was talking, and she just said "Didn't I tell you to wait out in the truck"...

I laughed way too hard at this. I love that she went ahead an interacted with the guy instead of just ignoring him like most celebrities would have done. Dolly clearly has a great sense of humor!

Easy to maintain and not muddy. We got it here at work for our dog park so that the dogs don't get mud on their feet.. I'm sure Dollywood has done the same due to all the rain we get.

I seem to remember one of the Disney Magic Kingdoms enlarging their hub areas, with "false grass" in some new spots, for people to reserve,

and enjoy for night shows, actual spots to just chill out "on the grass," as it were. But not as...um.... BRIGHT as this stuff is.

Easy to maintain and not muddy. We got it here at work for our dog park so that the dogs don't get mud on their feet.. I'm sure Dollywood has done the same due to all the rain we get.

Makes sense. I'd hate to see a bunch of dogs with mud on their feet running around the park.

Not only that but when thousands of people walk on grass everyday it kills it so if Dollywood wants folks to walk, lay, rest on grass, this is the only way to go I'd bet so it keeps the guest feet clean and keeps the parks grass alive

Don't want to walk through a mud puddle with flip flops on! Don't want folks walking over the grass rest area creating paths in it, killing the grass, making it muddy so folks cant lay or rest on it.

- Popcorn buckets and mugs from last year are good this year. Staff verified this at multiple vendors.

Are they good for the $.99 refill prices on the mugs or the $3.99?

.99 for popcorn and mugs. Both are the exact same design as last year. Verified by experience doing it today and by employees haha.

^ That's great to read! Our park here at home has been doing that with (at least) two year old popcorn buckets and drink containers, still.

Good to read it's happening at other spots. And all you have to do after having stuff in them, is wash them out and they'll be as good as new!

IMG_7332.JPG.0dc9355ead7ff78022750650b11d01a4.JPG

Still good for $1 refills both during Playland Season, and the PNE as well.

Makes sense. I'd hate to see a bunch of dogs with mud on their feet running around the park.

I work on the night crew that cleans the park.

Love the fake grass! Love it!

Maybe they’ll put an inventor theme up on the ridge. Or, I’ve been thinking about where it includes water (waterfalls) maybe it being a theme similar to the Cascades at Splash but fit for Dollywood. Just throwing out ideas. I had a feeling the mansion was going to get torn down ever since the “it all began here” sign was posted. To me, that was a hint that change was coming.

Thanks for confirming. I never got to visit Inventor's Mansion, but as someone who loves gravity/fun house type walk through attractions, it has always intrigued me. Hopefully something even better will replace it in that spot, but I'm not holding out hope in lawsuit happy America for a similar attraction coming to the park. I think it would only be a ride through attraction if anything.

It is indeed gone. You can see the dirt where it was against the rock wall if your standing farther back.
Its actually an eyesore with it gone! The tunnel is way out of place now! Hopefully they replace it with something or tear down the tunnel. Maybe they will put some themeing or something up.

As for the it all began here sign we have been mentioning, I'm honestly not so sure it means anything.. Dollywood has always played homage to it's past and puts stuff like that everywhere if you look.