TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^ I really don't see a difference comparing both videos. I ended up timing them as well, and they pretty much matched up with what you said.

So the coaster seems like its still hauling tons off a$$. I saw another video on instagram and it showed the train still flying through that non-inverting half loop just like always.

That non-inverting half-loop is the final element, right?

you don't notice any slow down in the front, but you do in the back. It's simply gravity, not trims.
Could you please elaborate on this?

This post elaborates decently I think.

Like IOE said last year, it's because the launch doesn't go all the way to the crest.. all you are feeling is the force of the launch stopping because the train has left the launch area

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

So does anyone know if RMC is still onsite? Looking at that uptime app someone created, lrod had like 2 really good days. It's had a delayed opening the past few days, and suffered about 3 hours of downtime today. I noticed on Dollywoods website that the LRod operational note has been removed. Hoping RMC is still there doing some tweaking and adjusting.

So does anyone know if RMC is still onsite? Looking at that uptime app someone created, lrod had like 2 really good days. It's had a delayed opening the past few days, and suffered about 3 hours of downtime today. I noticed on Dollywoods website that the LRod operational note has been removed. Hoping RMC is still there doing some tweaking and adjusting.

When I was there Monday, the sign was still in front of the ride. I have a feeling that RMC is still tweaking it to get it back up to full speed.

When I was there Monday, the sign was still in front of the ride. I have a feeling that RMC is still tweaking it to get it back up to full speed.

I'm just glad it's back up and running somewhat regularly. We're visiting DW next week for the first time and I can't wait to ride this bad boy! Also, if anyone has show or food recommendations, feel free to share them. And yes, I already know about the cinnamon bread!

I'm just glad it's back up and running somewhat regularly. We're visiting DW next week for the first time and I can't wait to ride this bad boy! Also, if anyone has show or food recommendations, feel free to share them. And yes, I already know about the cinnamon bread!

When I was there I ate at the Front Porch Cafe two times and I thought it was good. It takes a little longer because you have to wait to be seated and they come take your order and they make the food to order, etc. but at least you get to sit in an air conditioned building for a while. The food itself was fresh and I thought it was really good, and the portion sizes were HUGE. (They were at least huge to us, we're from Utah so maybe the portion sizes are just different) My brother and I could have shared the Meatloaf Stacker and probably both had enough to eat.

Quick update on the Lightning Rod speed debacle from Screamscape:

Just a quick note regarding the status of Lightning Rod. Since the coaster reopened last week, some rumors have started claiming that somehow it had been slowed down. Screamscape went right to the source on this one and contacted Dollywood who assured us that while the maintenance performed on Lightning Rod involved many systems, including the launch system, the coaster is still launching out within the same speed window as before, no trim brakes were added anywhere, and that the trains are still achieving the same 73+ mph top speed as before.

So yeah, Coaster Studios was full of shit, just like I suspected.

All of the BS rumors against the ride by the GP and some enthusiasts just give the ride an even worse reputation.

Speculation is one thing, but unfounded rumors (especially of that magnitude) bother me. Someone like Coaster Studios should really get lots of sources to back up the statement before reposting stuff like this. It gives the park, RMC, and anyone else involved a bad wrap.

All of the BS rumors against the ride by the GP and some enthusiasts just give the ride an even worse reputation.

Speculation is one thing, but unfounded rumors (especially of that magnitude) bother me. Someone like Coaster Studios should really get lots of sources to back up the statement before reposting stuff like this. It gives the park, RMC, and anyone else involved a bad wrap.

I hate to sound like a dismissive jerk towards the guy, and I also have to admit, regrettably, that my oldest son spends way too much time watching Coaster Studios' videos, but who the @#%$ really cares about what some kid on the internet says!?!?!? I mean, from the park's perspective... Outside of the very small group of people known as coaster enthusiasts, nobody is really even aware of CS' existence, and I doubt the parks can hardly be bothered by what he's saying. There's so much opinionated dreck on Youtube, that if reputable companies bothered themselves worrying about what every hack on there said, they'd go crazy! So yeah, while I see what you're saying, I guess my point is that in the grand scheme of things, this whole "problem" that was manufactured about the slower launch, was only an issue among a very miniscule portion of people, and nobody here, honestly, should ever take anything CS says with more than a grain of salt.

^It kind of surprises me that Drop Line hasn't had longer waits, considering it is new and doesn't have a very big capacity.

Dollywood was loading and dispatching it really quickly while I was there. Also the queue house is relatively short for Drop Line, so if it were to fill up it may keep people from riding it until later and prevent the line from getting any longer.

I hate to sound like a dismissive jerk towards the guy, and I also have to admit, regrettably, that my oldest son spends way too much time watching Coaster Studios' videos, but who the @#%$ really cares about what some kid on the internet says!?!?!? I mean, from the park's perspective... Outside of the very small group of people known as coaster enthusiasts, nobody is really even aware of CS' existence, and I doubt the parks can hardly be bothered by what he's saying. There's so much opinionated dreck on Youtube, that if reputable companies bothered themselves worrying about what every hack on there said, they'd go crazy! So yeah, while I see what you're saying, I guess my point is that in the grand scheme of things, this whole "problem" that was manufactured about the slower launch, was only an issue among a very miniscule portion of people, and nobody here, honestly, should ever take anything CS says with more than a grain of salt.

This is true, I hadn't thought about it that way.

The YouTube channel/Facebook page doesn't really bother me, but what really blows my mind is the fact that Taylor is a contributor to the Huffington Post. I mean, after they claimed Hillary had a 98% chance of winning the election, I don't think anyone really takes them seriously anymore. But the fact that a major news outlet signed on a kid that repeatedly reports false information and rumors as fact still baffles my mind.

The YouTube channel/Facebook page doesn't really bother me, but what really blows my mind is the fact that Taylor is a contributor to the Huffington Post. I mean, after they claimed Hillary had a 98% chance of winning the election, I don't think anyone really takes them seriously anymore. But the fact that a major news outlet signed on a kid that repeatedly reports false information and rumors as fact still baffles my mind.

I agree with you on the HuffPo connection, and admit that on one hand, it's fairly shocking to me. However, on the other hand, I feel like HuffPo is only a few notches above The Onion when it comes to actual, factual news reporting, so...