SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 117 - Electric Eel coaster opening moved up to 5/10/18!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby TM3988 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:30 pm

^...or that.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Parks that operate year-round, especially the SeaWorld/Busch parks have made it standard practice to have spare trains on hand, even if the train is used more for the swapping of parts when individual pieces require repair. Just because the coaster doesn’t have a transfer track it doesn’t mean that the park hasn’t invested in spares.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

X > X2

Postby X2coasterfreak » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Electric Eel started testing last night and through this morning, a few of my old coworkers at the park posted some videos to Snapchat. Word is the park is shooting for a May opening.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Last edited by X2coasterfreak on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:52 pm.
Credit Count: 393
322 Steel 71 Wood

Intimidator 305/Skyrush/Maverick/Expedition GeForce/Fury 325
Lightning Rod/Outlaw Run/Phoenix/El Toro/Wildfire

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Dombot » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm

^ Nice shot! the ride looks great.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I Love Donkeys!

Postby blaisedinsd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm

I just got an annual pass, haven't been to SWSD in many years even though it's my home park being SD native I spend most of my time at six flags.

Rode Manta for the first time on St. Pattys and it was pretty fun. Even my kids who don't like most coasters really enjoyed it.

Rode Manta 3 times and Journey to Atlantis twice

So I was wondering is some stuff closed due to the Eel construction? I didn't see the subamarine Quest ride or the Sea Dragon Drop ride or the tentacle twirl swing when I was there. Did I just miss those rides because their website doesn't say they are closed.

EDIT:
Ok went on my lunch break and saw that entire section of the park I missed if you make an immediate right turn and end up on the other side of electric eel, guess I missed it because of the construction walls.

For Passholders there is supposed to be an ipad(s) in the park. You have to register with it like 4 times and you get a front of line pass for the Eel when it opens. Anyone know where this mysterious ipad is located in the park?

Found it ​
Validate your visit at Pass Member iPad Hotspots, located in Discoveries Toy Store and Arcade & Midway Games,

And whats the deal with total lack of photo or biometric screening on passes? I seen people selling used fun cards and stuff but was always afraid to buy them. Got a legit pass now and I don't see any reason why any person would be able to use my pass or the funcards I got my kids. Seems like something they should be on top of.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby blaisedinsd » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 pm

How are the weekday spring break lines?

Was thinking of heading to the park to try and ride Manta on my lunch break but figured there would be a line making it impossible.

Last week I got in 2 rides on my lunch break.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:43 pm

https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2018/03/29/seaworlds-electric-eel-roller-coaster-set-to-open-may-12/

SeaWorld San Diego reported Thursday that testing of its new “Electric Eel” roller coaster is going well and the attraction will open to the public May 12.

The ride will rocket guests skyward at 60 mph for nearly 150 feet and then into an inverted “heartline” roll and finally a twisting loop that will offer an upside-down-view of Mission Bay.

“Electric Eel will bring a whole new level of excitement to SeaWorld,” said Marilyn Hannes, the park’s president. “This new, first-of-its-kind coaster at SeaWorld will give riders the rare opportunity to feel what it’s like to move like an eel, twisting and flipping along nearly 900 feet of undulating track.”

Complementing the coaster are a live eel habitat featuring a collection of California moray eels, and an interactive educational experience called Mission: Deep Discovery, which will allow a team of one to four players to embark on a virtual deep sea adventure.

“We want our guests from around the world to not only have a great time, but be inspired to care about the ocean and the animals that live there,” she said.

SeaWorld is offering those who purchase an annual pass between now and May 12 the opportunity to be first to ride the Electric Eel.

Electric Eel set to open May 12th :b
DZfu1ZRVwAAjC5V.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 pm.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:21 pm

And here's a POV

Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Shut It Down » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:16 am

It was reported that SWSD had 500,000 lesss guests than previous year. This is very unfortunate news as this is a great park and doesn’t deserve this backlash!!!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:46 am

Shut It Down wrote:It was reported that SWSD had 500,000 lesss guests than previous year. This is very unfortunate news as this is a great park and doesn’t deserve this backlash!!!

Not surprising. No big addition, competitive tourism market (so cal), and the blackfish backlash. New coaster should help right the ship a bit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!