SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P.102 - Electric Eel coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:24 pm

^ Kind of odd considering that both Superman at SFDK and Phobia Phear at Lake Compounce both have a 52" requirement with an adult... but whatever. :roll:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:29 pm

^Tempesto @ BGW also has a 54" height restriction. Maybe it has to do with the 3-car trains? SWP&E playing it safe?
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:32 am

I think it's probably due to the restraints. Seems like they're going for the same ones as Tempesto.

Kind of a bummer. I always thought the OTSRs were kind of unnecessary, especially considering that there's other models like this with lap bars.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby thrilladdict » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 pm

The OTSR's on Tempesto are completely pointless and not load bearing at all... they're just an afterthought attached to the seat which is why they smack people in the face while they're trying to get seated or leave the ride.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 am

SEAWORLD SAN DIEGO’S NEXT GENERATION SEA-LIFE EXPERIENCE TO FEATURE ORCA ENCOUNTER

Evolutionary New Presentation Focused on Natural Orca Behaviors in Natural Setting

(SAN DIEGO, Calif. – May 8, 2017) — SeaWorld San Diego’s long-awaited, all-new, inspiring Orca Encounter will debut this summer highlighting SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales in a documentary-style format featuring a three-story, first-of-its-kind infinity screen and a natural rugged coastline setting complete with towering pines and picturesque waterfalls.

Orca Encounter moves far ahead of using conventional animal videos and static displays through the unique combination of a live presentation layered with a digital environment. This new presentation will allow SeaWorld to share its 50-year knowledge of killer whale behavior and care in a way that has never been done before.

“By combining a live orca presentation with an extraordinarily enhanced and augmented digital environment, we will immerse our guests in the mysterious world of the killer whale, which most people would never get to experience,” said Brian Morrow, SeaWorld’s vice president of theme park experience and design.

A highly specialized team made up of orca behaviorists, engineers and researchers and writers spent nearly a year creating Orca Encounter. The result is an astonishing learning experience that will engage guests on an unprecedented educational and inspirational level.

“Guests may see a natural breaching behavior by the whales, and then on our new massive infinity screen they’ll see the same behavior by a killer whale in the wild enabling them to draw an even deeper connection to the orcas,” said SeaWorld San Diego orca behaviorist Kristi Burtis. “Our visitors will also hear how scientific research on killer whales at SeaWorld is benefiting wild populations.”

The unparalleled state-of-the-art technology of the nearly 140-foot-wide screen will also give guests the feeling they have actually stepped into an X-ray of the majestic orca. They’ll see every characteristic of the whale, from its pectoral flipper to tail flukes and more, in an up-close and personal way as opposed to the fleeting glance that only a lucky few will ever get in their lifetimes.

“The latest technology and educational techniques now allow us to also witness the amazing bond between humans and our orcas,” said Burtis. “It’s so important for as many people as possible to understand and appreciate orcas, which is key to the conservation of these extraordinary creatures in the wild.”

“They are at the top of the food chain; and literally they are in every ocean in the world, yet they are unseen by the vast majority of humans,” added Burtis. “Orca Encounter is the best chance most will ever have to see, study and appreciate them. We hope our guests will be inspired to take action to protect wild animals and wild places.”

The debut of Orca Encounter at SeaWorld San Diego reinforces the company’s commitment to educational and natural orca presentation. SeaWorld parks in Orlando and San Antonio will move to this new presentation by 2019.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:26 am

So has anyone ridden Submarine Quest? I'm a SeaWorld fan and I hate to judge rides based on POVs but move over Antarctica... :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am

coasterbill wrote:So has anyone ridden Submarine Quest? I'm a SeaWorld fan and I hate to judge rides based on POVs but move over Antarctica... :lol:

Yea, this ride looks super lame, it's definitely aimed at younger children. I don't really mind since they are getting a Sky Rocket II for older kids and adults, but I can't see myself ever riding this thing. I just don't know what SW was thinking because this looks really disappointing.
Last edited by VegasBaby on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:06 pm.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Shut It Down » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:30 pm

coasterbill wrote:So has anyone ridden Submarine Quest? I'm a SeaWorld fan and I hate to judge rides based on POVs but move over Antarctica... :lol:

My brother went to the park yesterday with his 11 year old and 5 year old and he said it was terrible. He said the kids didn't like it at all either. They are about as "GP" as you get. Seems like a fail for Seaworld, hopefully they can get through all the hurdles to get the Sky Rocket 2 built.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Seriously? They didn't even make it enclosed? They hyped it like this would be the attraction that finally turned around their recent bad fortunes. I understand that it's one part of a bigger expansion but still that is so bad.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:51 am

This thing is at hall of fame level!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!