Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

P. 61: Popcorn Revenge Shooting Darkride unveiled for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:24 pm

I'll try to summarize what the six-year plan looks like:
2018 - Gerstlauer "bobsled" coaster in the new Hawaiian Village area, Coccinelle kiddie coaster to re-open with a new name/theme in the Loup Garou area, re-theme of swimming pool
2019 - Erratic Shooting Dark Ride from Alterface in the Ali Baba area, Zierer kiddie coaster in the Playland area, retheme of Cobra, addition of a Bollywood themed spinning theater
2020 - Mack Twist'n'Splash near Loup Garou in a newly re-themed New Orleans area
2021 - Mega coaster near Tutankhamon in a newly themed African area
2022/2023 - AquaWalibi Slides, the area around the log flume Psyke Underground and Flashback to be re-themed to a harbor

I'm not clear what year the Gertslauer SkyFly is scheduled to open.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:47 am

Track has arrived!

300118track1.jpg

A couple of older photos showing the ride's area:

3jcz3rh.jpg

kx940k.jpg

Existing buildings getting the Tiki-treatment:

27173261_1855149117837288_1713524848818587840_o.jpg

Meanwhile on the other side of the park, the Aqualibi expansion:

z0clhiafx7xa.jpg

26168363_10155876963091276_4177343668601289512_n.jpg

Some new artwork:

depk1kdoscog.jpg

j27ucdtrcrc5.jpg

photos: Walibi Belgium & WalActu

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:09 pm

From the park's Facebook page:
27709512_10155971557866276_1811869206208949433_o.jpg
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby JordyC » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 am

Walibi Belgium reveals name of new roller coaster

150218waka3.jpg

The new roller coaster of Walibi Belgium is going to be called Tiki-Waka. The theme park has announced this at a meeting this morning. Furthermore, a second new attraction was announced for 2018: a play trail called Tiki Trail.

Both additions will be located in a Hawaiian themed area at the back of the park, near the interactive darkride Challenge of Tutankhamon.

In addition, the indoor swimming paradise Aqualibi will be expanded with a children's area of seven hundred square meters. The new part is called Kiddie Bay. Walibi Belgium will reopen on Saturday 31 March.

The plans are part of an ambitious master plan of the Belgian theme park. In the coming years several major attractions will be installed, including an interactive water attraction (2019), a children's roller coaster (2019), an interactive dark ride (2020), a megacoaster (2021) and a Sky Fly (2022-2023).

150218waka2.jpg

Walibi Belgium
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 am

^Looks very fun!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 am

Awesome! Love the play trail goes directly over the coaster. And those cars... :lover:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:22 pm

As a lover of all things tiki, I absolutely approve of this new addition! :lover:
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 am

More construction pictures:

Source: Facebook Walactu & Twitter WonderWorldLive

Looks like a nice looking familycoaster to me!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 am

Or these pictures are a few days old (what I doubt seeing pictures of an incomplete lifthill just a few days ago) or there is no way they can have this up and running in a month from now. Seems like there is a solid week of track constuction left. Okay they might be further in the unseen department of construction but I would be shocked to see this open on March 31st.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby JordyC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:00 am

RCT3Bross wrote:Or these pictures are a few days old (what I doubt seeing pictures of an incomplete lifthill just a few days ago) or there is no way they can have this up and running in a month from now. Seems like there is a solid week of track constuction left. Okay they might be further in the unseen department of construction but I would be shocked to see this open on March 31st.

No opening date has been announced yet, but the park said that it will open during the Easter holidays. So maybe not March 31st, but certainly the week after.
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!