Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

P. 55: 100 Million Euro investment over 6 years announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:11 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Looks very fun!

Like this, but a bit higher up, I guess.... :wink:
UK042_FlamingoLandWalkThisway.jpg
TPR 2006 UK Tour. (Flamingoland)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:53 am

After seeing Walibi Belgium's 2018 additions I really want to go to visit European theme parks. I can't think of a park in America that has a roller coaster twisting around and over a playground, or even with an odd ride like Pulsar. Europe has so much cool ideas and concepts in their parks and I hope to go there someday.
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

KD's Shockwave>KD's Delirium

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

May the force of Hello Kitty be with you

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 am

The last piece of Tiki-Waka's layout is now installed!

Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

Postby JordyC » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

Walibi Belgium has started testing Tiki-Waka!

270318skys.jpg

270318skys2.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby j2xv » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:30 am

first soft opening of tiki-waka today, first onride videos are starting pop up.
The official Walibi youtube uploaded a 360 version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0RgCcrWiaQ

but i personally hate these kind of videos since they are low quality and the image warps and has artifacts at the edges and such, that in combination with the very wide angle creates a false sense of speed etc. So this POV video might be a better representation even if it's probably from the same original video but just cropped out...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmHx6qKfjQ

Alot of people on news websites etc are commenting about how many brakes there are and how slow the overall ride is. Of course they don't know that these brakes are there for having more blocksections and more capacity wich is a good thing i think, but i don't like how they actually do brake quite hard, especially the last 2, these airtime hills at the end look fun but the speed is just a touch too little in my opinion.

It's not a huge highlight of the park but overall i still think it's a good investment, as the ride model suggest, it's a "fun"-coaster, it's not extreme in any way but for kids it's still gonna be a good experience i think. Theming is very basic but for Belgian attraction park standards it's not a huge letdown either, i love the theming of the cars for example.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:28 am

j2xv wrote:Alot of people on news websites etc are commenting about how many brakes there are and how slow the overall ride is. Of course they don't know that these brakes are there for having more blocksections and more capacity wich is a good thing i think, but i don't like how they actually do brake quite hard, especially the last 2, these airtime hills at the end look fun but the speed is just a touch too little in my opinion.

For some odd reason the brakes are harder when the cars are (nearly) empty. The heavier the car, the lesser it brakes on the blockbrakes. Saw this happening last week. Trains with sandbags in them just flew trough the brakes, the empty ones crawled out of them.

In this brand new POV, it's very noticable:

Looks like a decent Family Coaster, can't wait to re-visit the park this year!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I love the interaction with the path below and how twisty it is. Looks like a really fun ride with some near misses!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:20 pm

It's a shame about the soft opening, I heard it wasn't untill the afternoon people would be able to ride. I actually wanted to go next week and try it out but I'm not sure now. Other then that looks to be a solid family ride. Good to see the two big Walibi parks actually bringing some good coasters after a 9 year break.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Alton Towers, Toverland, Thrope Park, Flamingo land, Skyline park.
2017 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Wicker Man (Alton Towers).

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Looks like a great family coaster! I didn’t realize how low you sit on these Bobsled coasters.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:40 pm

The seats look "almost" like recliner seats with the legs able to extend, rather than bend in. Cool! :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!