Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

P. 55: 100 Million Euro investment over 6 years announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Walibi Belgium Discussion Thread

Postby j2xv » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:25 am

Belgiumcoasterfreak wrote:For some odd reason the brakes are harder when the cars are (nearly) empty. The heavier the car, the lesser it brakes on the blockbrakes. Saw this happening last week. Trains with sandbags in them just flew trough the brakes, the empty ones crawled out of them.

That's very strange indeed, it would make sense the opposite way regarding weight, without braking it actually looks much better. I don't get why they didn't do that for their official POV, maybe to make it look like it lasts longer?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:36 am

A heavier car has more mass and therefore at the same velocity has more momentum.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:12 pm

RollerManic wrote:A heavier car has more mass and therefore at the same velocity has more momentum.

Exactly. The heavier train has more energy (more mass) than the lighter train. The brakes slow the train down, so that means that the brakes are taking away the energy (speed) from the train. Now, this is the same amount of energy for both the heavy and the light train. Because the heavy train has more energy (mass), it takes longer to slow down the heavy train.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Belgiumcoasterfreak wrote:
j2xv wrote:
For some odd reason the brakes are harder when the cars are (nearly) empty. The heavier the car, the lesser it brakes on the blockbrakes. Saw this happening last week. Trains with sandbags in them just flew trough the brakes, the empty ones crawled out of them.

if the brakes are magnetic the lighter the trains the faster the train will slow down... I first noticed this when I worked Maverick as when the train (empty) would enter the tunnel during our testing every morning the train would come to a crawl in the permanent fixed magnetic fins and we had to wait to send the next train up the lift or the train on the lift would rollback if the train in the tunnel hadn't moved into the launch section of the tunnel. but as soon as we start loading the trains with guest the trains would coast into the launch section with more speed than with the train being empty.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Same velocity, the lighter train would have lower kinetic energy than the heavier train. Of course it would slow down faster.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 am

Thanks, Belgiumcoasterfreak, for the POV. Looks like a fun ride, has some mouse-like elements and a lot of twistiness.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby funtime_arena » Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 am

Check out this onride of Tiki Waka the new Bobsled Coaster at Walibi Belgium and some nice impressions of the new area Exotic World

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 am

So Yesterday the park officially opened Tiki Waka. I didn't know that when I was in the park yesterday that that would happen but. The area was cut of from regular guest (like me) till 1 P.M. so I got my ride on it. But when I was in the Queue I saw a woman wearing a card that said "Assistant Manger" Not knowing the ride had just been officially opened I found that weird. So the reason I shared this is because what happened in front of this woman's face, two line jumpers and she didn't seem to notice. I was shocked she didn't look up to the duo as one was trying to convince the other that it was a bad idea and where demanding attention like that. I was shocked that happened and wondering why there was someone wearing a Assistant Manger card riding Tiki Waka on a Saturday. So I didn't complain or say anything I was just completely elsewhere whit my head. (Source it opened yesterday). P.S. In hindesight I should have figured it out, there where several people in suits that had access to the area and the party vibe after 1 P.M. in the area should have gave it away.

I also like to take my time and give a review on Tiki Waka. The ride was kind of meh to me. On-rides and off-rides make the thing look way faster then it's ought to be. I was expecting G Sengte Sau level of excitement but it wasn't even close. I still better ride experience then Loup Garou, Vampire and Cobra but those aren't hard to beat in my opinion. Besides can somebody tell me how every time I'm in Walibi Belgium there is virtually no line for all coasters except Loup Garou? Like all other coaster I could literally walk on but there was the 40 minute queue for Loup Garou, I'm of the opinion that that's the worst ride the park has.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby JordyC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 am

I have also heard nothing in advance about the official opening this Saturday, they have not communicated about it. So I was surprised when I saw some articles on social media. The ride has been in pre-opening since April, I don't really know why it took them so long to officially open it.

I really enjoyed Tiki-Waka when I rode it in May (here's my trip report). It is a very fun, enjoyable coaster with lots of airtime. Actually, it is my favorite ride at the park! Although when I rode it, the brakes barely slowed the train down, so I don't know if that was also the case on your ride? Because I heard that it might run quite a bit slower now..
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:04 pm

I can't say I felt the train got bracked on those sections, but It felt like the train lost more momentum thanks to them. I didn't feel airtime like anywhere in the ride even the last two hills (where I did expect it.) where just hills. Also I expected that last helix to pull some forces but the only turns that pulled some where the flat turns connected at the first MCBR. So I guess they thightend the brackes. Calamity mine had more exitment if you ask me.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!