TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind if some people are screaming on rides because they are either afraid or just having very fun. But I cant stand when young teenage girls are screaming like crazy as the train slowly rolls out of the station towards the lifthill. It was awful at Thorpe park last summer, especially in the station on Colossus. With the park absolutely packed and extreme heat I feel very sorry for the ride-ops that day. I hope they had earplugs because the noise was awful.

I think it's fine when people scream, even if they're screaming when you're on the most boring ride ever and they're really not scared at all... it's kinda funny...

It WOULDNT be funny to have somebody screaming for a whole minute while in a brakrun for a minetrain...

Oh, and every time I use the single rider for GRR, I try to convince the people in my raft that there is a huge drop after the lift, then, I scream my head off as we are slowly lowered into the water. That always gets a laugh!

Oh, and every time I use the single rider for GRR, I try to convince the people in my raft that there is a huge drop after the lift, then, I scream my head off as we are slowly lowered into the water. That always gets a laugh!

^ LOL, I do the same thing on JP at IOA after the big lift, if there are newbies on it, they don't know the drop is a little later and they freak out.

As for screaming, bring it on,

unless it's in my ear.

I've been known to do a little screaming myself, from time to time if it gets too quiet.

P All

Sometimes its cool sometimes it annoys me. At CP there was a girl how screamed the entire Witches' Wheel cycle omg it was so annoying. But then there was a girl who got on the ride before us and she was so scared and it was unbearably funny. So I guess it depends on the ride and the people.

Oh, when I was younger me and my sister, had a rule that the the only way you can beat a ride you afraid of is not to scream and show you're afraid. So it kinda stuck. But I laugh a lot if its a great ride.

I can understand screaming because of course, the rider is caught off-guard on a drop or whatever but sometimes, the screams some people let out are completely exaggerated and get real annoying really fast. I was riding Roar at SFMW and these girls behind me were screaming as loud as their voices would allow, hitting that sensitive nerve in the ears. I felt like telling them to shut up but with how loud woodies are, they wouldn't have heard me. My onride displayed me plugging my ears.

OMG...this reminded me also. We actually have it on video and I'll have to try to transfer it some time if I can. Anyway, some lady was screaming her head off on the kiddy school bus ride at KBF (The yellow magic-carpet like school bus thingy in Camp Snoopy). I'll have to find the tape and do some transferring and show you guys.

I got two stories to tell.

First, on the Mighty Axe at The Park at MOA "Camp Snoopy" Their were a group of hot girls! And they were all my age! But when we rode the ride, they screamed a whole lot. But it wasn't that annoying though.

Second, The Kraken at Sea World Orlando. I was new to roller coasters, so I got a little nervous. When I hopped into the seat, I pulled down the over the shoulder restrain, and I couldn't buckle my seatbelt. So then the operator comes by. I ask him for help. And he said, "No. You were mean to me, so I'm mean to you". And I took him seriously, and started panicking. So it was a big laugh. And the girls next to me were chuckling. So, ya.

"I don't care" was my response.

I only hate it when it's really obnoxious, pointless screaming. For example, my friends and i were on a pirate ship, and a bunch of 10 year olds sitting directly behind us would scream every time our side went up. i wanted to strangle them. instead, i stuck my fingers in my ears. lol.