TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is Annoying when Someone Screams on a Ride?

• I Hate it when people scream! It ruins the ride!
    • It doesn't bother me that much.
    • I don't care.
    • I just hate it when someone screams louder than me.
    • If everybody screams, you're all my friends!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with people screaming on coasters. I don't scream but like to hear it, especially the girls/women. You can tell they're having the time of their lives. Going to fairs/parks takes me back to my youth when everything was great and life was much more innocent, and the screams are a big part of that soundtrack.

I hate when you've got a bunch of dumb kids on a swinging ship and they try to out-scream the other side.

Couldn't disagree more strongly. I love those swinging ships, and the ride ops that encourage these contests are super awesome. It makes an already good experience spectacular and memorable.

Couldn't disagree more strongly. I love those swinging ships, and the ride ops that encourage these contests are super awesome. It makes an already good experience spectacular and memorable.

Besides it's not like Pirate/Viking ships are much of an experience unless you bring in the extra fun from having a little bit of a competition

I hate when you've got a bunch of dumb kids on a swinging ship and they try to out-scream the other side.

Seriously?

You sound like a ton of fun.

In my (slightly) younger days I used to make it a point to yell at the "wrong" time on the swinging ships. Good Times.

Do you think that People that Scream on Rides are Annoying?

No, but enthusiasts who go to amusement parks and get annoyed by people screaming and having fun on rides are the definition of annoying.

This is pretty much the answer to the POLL I was looking for!

I've only been annoyed once by someone else's screaming. A lady behind me let out shrill, ear-piercing screams for the entire ride (including the lift hill), and it was obviously a "fake" scream, done to entertain herself and her friend.

Other than that one experience, I enjoy hearing other people's screams on roller coasters. Heck, I scream, too. It's the natural consequence of the combination of fun/terror that roller coasters give you.

All right, I know I said a few posts back that I didn't want to continue on this topic, but this incident happened two weeks ago at KINGS DOMINION. I was in PLANET SNOOPY ready to ride FLYING ACE. To those who don't know what Flying Ace is - it's a circular flat ride you ride with or without a partner and it's almost like Windseeker, but doesn't go as high. Even though I'm a single rider, I had to team up with a little kid so he can ride with me. But I've nothing against this kid I was riding with; he was cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce - no, it was the group of older kids that were behind me.

When the ride started, these kids started screaming like they were in mortal danger. Now Flying Ace doesn't go as high as Windseeker ( maybe one third of the height), but still you are so far off the ground. The kid I was riding with was smiling, laughing, and enjoying the ride, but the kids behind me thought they were going to die. As for me, I thought I was going to go deaf 'bout the time the ride ended. Finally the ride ended and those kids took a hasty exit. As for me, I reentered the line ( the line was non- existent ) and rode the ride again with no one screaming behind me.

Those older kids should be embarrassed; here was a young little kid that wasn't scared of Flying Ace and I know once he becomes older and tall enough he'll be a rider and amusement park flyer like I am.

I don't overly mind when people scream on rides, but what annoys me is when you get that one annoying teenager right in front of you, or right behind you who insist on screaming at the top of their lungs from the moment they leave the station, till the crest the lift hill.

You know the ones I am talking about... The ones who are trying their best to be annoying... Yeah. Them.

• 2 months later...

Okay so a couple days ago I was at the fair with a couple of friends, I typically never go on rides that go upside down or do anything too crazy. This time I was talked into going on a ride that went in a big loop and kept you upside down for several seconds. Naturally I was already scared from just watching others go on the ride while waiting in line and when it was our turn to go I was already preparing to let out some shrieks. I screamed pretty much the entire ride just because I knew some upside down parts were coming, my friend on the ground who was holding our stuff said that people in china could probably hear me. I didn't even realize that I was doing it was just like an instinct, I was really embarrassed about it though.