Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 am

coasterbill wrote:Satellite sucks but I love that it exists, mainly because it absolutely shouldn't. :lol:

I die inside every time one of my local friends calls it the "salt and pepper shakers".
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 am

I'm planning a potential Knoebels trip in October for the first time because I really want to ride Phoenix. Curious question is Impulse "large rider friendly?" Not worried at all about the wooden coasters as I can ride the PTC trains at KD no problem (though I don't recommend another human being sit in one with me). I can also fit on rides like Intimidator 305, Apollo's Chariot, and InvadR. Also wondering what flats may be an issue.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Knoebels > Everywhere

Coaster Count: 118

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:40 am

A.J. wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Satellite sucks but I love that it exists, mainly because it absolutely shouldn't. :lol:

I die inside every time one of my local friends calls it the "salt and pepper shakers".

One of the reasons I love coming to this park.

I never knew people called this the salt and pepper shakers. I always thought they were this below.
6829b3252ebefcf1b8b3cc9ed225741d--carnival-rides-blue-skies.jpg
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MisterBrow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:13 pm

alilstronger wrote:
A.J. wrote:

One of the reasons I love coming to this park.

I never knew people called this the salt and pepper shakers. I always thought they were this below.

The important thing this your kids can ride that while you purchase and sample from their green apple and apple cider slushes from the stand in front of it.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:11 pm

bert425 wrote:...two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night

Which train?

EDIT: Also, do I recall reading about some store you can go to to get discounts on wristbands? Where can we get those?
EDIT2: I found out that the Friday we might be visiting Knoebles is a bargain night (oh yeah my family is going to get to visit Knoebles for the 1st time :b). How are crowds during Bargain nights?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:33 am

I am planning to go check out Knoebels for the first time in October with my nephew, cousin, and uncle. I was wondering what the crowds are like usually on Saturdays and Sundays in October. I know must parks are usually batsh*t crazy on Saturdays in October but was wondering if Knoebels is any different since it is smaller.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.

Knoebels > Everywhere

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:46 am

Crowds are fine except for that first week in October (Phoenix Phall Phunfest and the Covered Bridge Festival). In that case, crowds are still fine in the park itself but the issue is parking because the Covered Bridge Festival is tremendously popular. I would suggest parking your car by 9am on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 am

coasterbill wrote:Crowds are fine except for that first week in October (Phoenix Phall Phunfest and the Covered Bridge Festival). In that case, crowds are still fine in the park itself but the issue is parking because the Covered Bridge Festival is tremendously popular. I would suggest parking your car by 9am on Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Thank you sir and noted. I will probably shoot for a Saturday in mid-October. Looking forward to riding Phoenix about 50 times.

Knoebels > Everywhere

Postby bert425 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:13 pm

JG-77 wrote:
bert425 wrote:...two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night

Which train?

EDIT: Also, do I recall reading about some store you can go to to get discounts on wristbands? Where can we get those?
EDIT2: I found out that the Friday we might be visiting Knoebles is a bargain night (oh yeah my family is going to get to visit Knoebles for the 1st time :b). How are crowds during Bargain nights?

the "big" one that goes out into the woods (station near Ferris Wheel).

during day times (afternoon), they put out corn holders/feeders in the woods that attract squirrels and deer.
during night times? PITCH BLACK with only the headlight from the train engine lighting up a few feet ahead. . . going thru the woods in the dark. . like a horror film. it's awesome!

the train tracks also go over a bridge, thru a tunnel, and under Twister. . you can get some great pictures on this train.

EDIT: and don't miss the live bald Eagles. They are in an enclosure just to the left and in back of Black Diamond. Many folks don't realize that Knoebel's even has live Eagles, but they do, and if you get the timing right, you can watch the feeding, and talk to the caregivers.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Now I understand why everyone raves about the pierogis at the Roast Beef Stand. Those were incredible!

They went well with the fries, burrito, pizza, bacon on a stick, and cheese on a stick.
IMG_20180811_162040.jpg
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!