Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:54 am

:lol: What is happening?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:58 am

Oh like you didn't know a photo of Knoebel's pierogis would cause people to lose their sh*t. :lol:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 am

We rarely ever eat in parks and when we do we usually regret it. Knoebels on the other hand... We ate our usual healthy lunch, but I'll be damned if we didn't sample as much as possible in Knoebels for dinner. Pierogi's kicked off our food binge for the night.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going as soon as the park opens and I'm probably staying a full day there, since it's my first time, probably gonna ride everything cause I'm buying the wood coasters + all other rides (wristband?). I'll be sure to try the food :lol: , seems like it's super good from all the reviews of it. All this week is supposed to rain so I hope it isn't bad (or doesn't rain at all, the weather app on iPhones can change up until the day of haha). I'll be sure to post a TR as I'm going to Waldameer also this week. (:
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Bill, your facial expression in that picture is one of pure, unbridled joy. I wear a similar one at Knoebels, especially when I'm eating those pierogis.

God, I need to get back to Elysburg.
Total Coasters: 139

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:51 am

Genx24 wrote:Bill, your facial expression in that picture is one of pure, unbridled joy. I wear a similar one at Knoebels, especially when I'm eating those pierogis.

God, I need to get back to Elysburg.

That's my expression when eating the potato cakes -- those are my go-to snack anytime I visit the park. As much as I enjoy the pierogies at Knoebels, when you have a Ukrainian grandma who's been cooking them for over half a century, it's impossible to put any on a pedestal above hers. <3
That coaster dad [314] and that coaster kiddo [165]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Postby bert425 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 am

DarienPoint wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going as soon as the park opens and I'm probably staying a full day there, since it's my first time, probably gonna ride everything cause I'm buying the wood coasters + all other rides (wristband?). I'll be sure to try the food :lol: , seems like it's super good from all the reviews of it. All this week is supposed to rain so I hope it isn't bad (or doesn't rain at all, the weather app on iPhones can change up until the day of haha). I'll be sure to post a TR as I'm going to Waldameer also this week. (:

You won’t be able to ride everything. There’s simply too much for 1 day. (Was there 15 hours yesterday and tho we rode a LOT there was plenty to still do. So plan a 2nd trip). That said anything you do ride you’ll love

Adding to recommended not to miss: cosmotron (indoor metal himalaya) and two rides on train. Day and night. Completely different ride thru the woods at night
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 am

Ah, didn't know how big the park was haha. I'll keep those in mind. :p
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:23 am

DarienPoint wrote:Ah, didn't know how big the park was haha. I'll keep those in mind. :p

It's not that big, but there's a lot in it, and it's kind of easy to get disoriented. I was only there a for three or four hours and hit everything I wanted to ride multiple times (Phoenix, Twister, Flying Turns, Haunted Mansion, Black Diamond), but I still skimped on a lot of what others here rave about. One ride that I don't think has been mentioned is Satellite — a rickety dive bomber-style ride. I loved that thing, in part because of how old-school it was.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:27 am

Satellite sucks but I love that it exists, mainly because it absolutely shouldn't. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!