Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Wonderful to see how well they deal with such issues here. I hope to visit one day again as my visit was fairly quick and I don't think got to appreciate it in the same way that so many here do.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 am

coasterbill wrote:We stopped by today on the way home from Cedar Point.

Even if you look for it you can’t find any evidence of the flood. Everything is pristine. This place is amazing.

That's fantastic news, and honestly exactly what I expected.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

Going to Knoebels for the first time this coming Friday! :b

How are crowds?
What are some good eateries nearby?
What are the priorities to ride (since it might rain that day)?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 am

DarienPoint wrote:What are some good eateries nearby?

:lol: Who cares?

This isn't like most parks. Arrive hungry and eat one of everything. The food is amazing and the prices are equally amazing (as in low).

Priorities include but are not limited to

- Cesari's Pizza
- Cookies from the Loaf
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from the place by the creek
- Pierogies but only from one place. Please consult the map.

Every ride runs in the train except Flying Turns. Besides the coasters, don't miss the bumper cars, the flume or the flyers. Honestly, just ride every flat ride. They're all better than most of their counterparts.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 am

DarienPoint wrote:How are crowds?
What are some good eateries nearby?
What are the priorities to ride (since it might rain that day)?

First question. Friday crowds will definitely be less than Saturday and / or Sunday. The park may be more crowded than a usual Friday because the Crystal Pool area is still closed after the flooding. But "crowds" at Knoebels only ever translate to waits of no more than 15-20 minutes for every attraction that isn't named Flying Turns.

Second question. Bill has a good wisdom. Come hungry, eat a lot.

Third question. "Must-rides" are Phoenix, Twister, Impulse, Flying Turns, Flyer, Looper, StratosFear, Skooters, Haunted Mansion, Pioneer Train, Grand Carousel. Flying Turns is the only attraction that may dictate what order you do your rides in, as the queue moves slowly.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 am

^ This. Plus Downdraft, Paratrooper, StatosFEAR, the slide, the boats... you know what... everything. Ride everything. Also, he's telling you to ride the carousel because you can sit on outside horses and grab for ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings, so do that. If you get the brass one you get a free ride.

A.J. wrote:Second question. Bill has a good wisdom. Come hungry, eat a lot.

Yeah, whenever I hear something like "We stopped for food on the way to the park" or "We left the park and went to eat at <<insert restaurant with food that's not even close to being as good as Knoebels food and is probably more expensive too>>", a little part of me dies.

I mean, this was my dinner last night. Then we had an ice cream waffle sandwich and a Phoenix unlimited airtime buffet for desert. It was a great night. I'm super jealous of the TPR group that's at the park today, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it.

38124934_10215591248128658_7528608745358622720_n.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 am

^^ Even a full queue at Phoenix is only 15-20 minutes. It's incredible how fast that line moves.

I've found Impulse can generate a long queue as well (especially if it's running one train still), but it does have a single rider line that usually gets you on pretty quickly.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 am

Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 am.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
I mean, this was my dinner last night. Then we had an ice cream waffle sandwich and a Phoenix unlimited airtime buffet for desert. It was a great night.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am

coasterbill wrote:I mean, this was my dinner last night. Then we had an ice cream waffle sandwich and a Phoenix unlimited airtime buffet for desert. It was a great night. I'm super jealous of the TPR group that's at the park today, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Sorry we couldn't make it.

anigif_sub-buzz-20006-1497653649-19.gif

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!