Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:55 am

Taylor Finn wrote:Can someone give me a quick sell on why I oughta go to Phoenix Phall Phunfest? Never been before, obviously love the park. Just curious as to what separates it from other days (aside from the Friday preview)? Thanks guys!

The big thing on the Saturday is the coupon pack / combo. Take your Club TPR card and when you buy any all-day ride pass you get two slices of pizza, a drink, a games pass and a spin on the Haunted Mansion all for free.

I have always liked going to Knoebels at the beginning and the end of the operating season, and the area is just downright gorgeous in Autumn.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Some people just don't know how to really appreciate smaller parks. Knoebels is a phenomenal park with lots to do.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:02 am

Great video as always!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterBuck » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:14 am

Hey guys!

A courtesy FYI ... on 10/6 at the start of the Friday night private enthusiasts party, the park will be holding a special Memorial ERT in honor of long-time employee Bumper Car Jack, who passed away in June.

All the details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/BumperCarJackMemorial

:nina:
CoasterBuck Factoids:

- I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way
- I'm old, but that's OK. I've been to tons of now-defunct parks <3
- I stopped "counting" coasters at 1000, but chances are that I've ridden more than most

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JT325 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 am

^Signed up :b :br :lmao: :seizure: can't wait. (not for the bumper car part... I didn't know Jack).

I get there Thursday and leave Monday. Always wanting more... now THAT is the sign of GREAT park. And friends.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:28 am

Went to the park yesterday for a brief period. They were doing a BOGO promo on wristbands (visit again next year) and it was a really nice day out so as a ticket person such as myself (we only had a 3 or 4 hour window at the park) we ended up giving a ton of our tickets away at the end of the day because the crowds were pretty crazy. At least *I* think so.

Hello Phoenix! Oh, your line is spilling out onto the Midway? Oh :( -- regardless, the ride is amazing and it was worth stopping in just for that. Got one ride in.

But of course we rode Haunted Mansion twice... way better than the Disney counterpart...

I had to play the bowling ball roller game... and I won!!!

And then of course we played fascination, the best amusement park game ever created...

And then for the main event... the food!!! I got ceasaris (sp?) pizza which was decent, the GOOD perogies thanks to Bill's map, which were really good (not as good as my Grandma's, though, she carmalizes the onions :-p), and the potato cakes were just extremely greasy and dripping oil (the plate was sopping wet)... we were not fans.

Black diamond was wonderful and confusing as ever. Hmmm what else....

it's a shame we had to make it another quick stop but the crowds and time was against us yet again at this park. :( -- Maybe next time. :)

Postby JT325 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

I found heaven. All that plus a new fancy bathroom! I’m parking it here till Monday... wild horses couldn’t drag me away.
54049E39-A280-4D7E-A961-5A6EAB912135.jpeg
FDAA45E4-1BF8-40B6-8E53-0BCE7FB697B3.jpeg
268098A8-CF02-4812-9C0C-970558D7B6F1.jpeg
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:56 am

JT325 wrote:I found heaven. All that plus a new fancy bathroom! I’m parking it here till Monday... wild horses couldn’t drag me away.

Damn straight. I'd say have a good time, but it's impossible not to.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:11 pm

I've never seen Phoenix's line that long! That looks like it could actually take a half hour. :lol:

Any other park with a line spilling onto the midway like that would be something I'd come back later, but with the ops at Knoebels I wouldn't have an issue.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:22 pm

I was in a line about that long when I was there a couple of months ago, and including the time it took to add a second train, I was on in 22 minutes.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!