TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wonder Island

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

In fact, there's just one real good park in Russia! There aren't any great coaster rides there, but it have some S&S and Funtime Handels rides, that make a grate rate for they park.

Unfortunately the site of this park is on russian, but on that page you can see some photos of that park

http://www.divo-ostrov.ru/rus/attractions/extreme_zone/extreme_zone.htm

It'a a freefall tower, 70 meters at hight. A tower, named "star flyer" like a "lighthouse-tower" in holiday park with the same hight. A catapult (sling shot) tower, which shoot you at 100-meters hight in 2 seconds, my lovely ride named booster (Funtime Handels attraction name vomatron, http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index3.htm) And many, many more. Nevertheless, we'd like to see you in our county!

Wonder Island had an indoor spinning coaster operated from 2005 to 2007.Tt was replaced by an single dark ride.RCDB says that due to this,it may be that the ride never has been operating.

Also,the Screamin Squirrel,was not reported operating in 2006.In 2007,people has seen an completed track,but an unfinished loading section.It has not been seen any activity on it recently.

• 7 years later...

So yeah, their new Mack Bluefire has opened...

The ride has been named "Великолукский мясокомбинат", pronounced "Velikoluksky Miasokombinat".

That translates to "Velikoluksky Meat Processing Plant". No, I'm not joking.

Apparently this is a local brand of meat products, and the co-owner of the park.

Their website explains everything:

"Meat Plant gave the park to the attraction of money, so he got the name"

- Vladimir Podvalny, general director of Velikoluksky and co-owner of Wonder Island

Edited by BDG

• 10 months later...

New for 2017:

a 10-loop coaster

The photos used in the announcement photo, as well as on billboards in the park, are of an Intamin 10-looper, more specifically the ride at Cinecitta. There have been rumors that park is in trouble, so maybe they're selling that coaster? There is also one of those rides in storage at Hopi Hari in Brazil.

However... the park's website mentions the new coaster will be "from the creators" of the park's Bluefire-clone.

So it might be a Mack.

Confusing.

Where's the Gutterflower bat signal?

Announcement on the park's website:

new_ride_2017.png.dbe967c8160a52685b55aab1b821859e.png

And in the park itself there's a big sign near the Screaming Squirrel:

p1060420.thumb.jpg.d8894608065f8fac0a0c008e4d673fcc.jpg

photo: R Jasper

Edited by BDG

^^It is still operating, but that doesn't mean that this isn't going to be Altair, it says opening in 2017 so it's possible that the park have sold it and that it'll close at the end of the season. Although i'd say definitely not if they're saying its from the creators of their Blue Fire clone, Mack. Very interesting indeed!

• 2 months later...

It is actually so nice that big coasters are finally being built here in Russia. All we've had before were just wild mouse coasters and Schwarzkopf Jet Stars for the most part. However, all these new coasters lack theming. The people who write descriptions for the rides on the park's website also seem to know very little about the rides they are describing. It is stated on the official Wonder Island website that their new Blue Fire coaster features a "pneumatic launch" and the "first Immelman inversion in Russia". As for the new coaster, it is written on their website that it will be as tall as a fourteen-story house and will reach 120km/h. I think it might be an Intamin because people making the announcement could have assumed the coasted is from the same company judging by the similar track design. As funny as it sounds, it may actually be that way.

New for 2017:

Where's the Gutterflower bat signal?

I have a bat signal? Sweet

Afraid I can't add much more beyond its definitely a new installation. The Hopi Hari ride just got the go ahead to be built finally and then almost instantly got wrapped up in another legal battle so thats staying put in Brazil. The Cinecitta ride is staying put for now as well.

As mentioned GameWalkThrRUS above the park has advertised it as 120km/h which is significantly faster than current Intamin 10 inversion coasters. However I'd take that with a grain of salt.

If I was to make an educated guess I'd say you will see a standard newer model Intamin 10-Inversion coaster appear. Building a giant custom coaster would be a bit out of character for a park who so far has settled for cookie cutter clones or second hand rides. (With the exception of Afterburn which will be making way for this ride anyway). But never say never especially with a park like Wonder Island.

Building a giant custom coaster would be a bit out of character for a park who so far has settled for cookie cutter clones or second hand rides. (With the exception of Afterburn which will be making way for this ride anyway).

With the exception of Afterburn and runaway mine train.

Building a giant custom coaster would be a bit out of character for a park who so far has settled for cookie cutter clones or second hand rides. (With the exception of Afterburn which will be making way for this ride anyway).

With the exception of Afterburn and runaway mine train.

If by runaway mine train you mean the big yellow coaster. That was second hand as well. it came from Kure Portopialand.

Which is by far and away one of the hardest coasters I've ever tried to find pictures for.

These pictures from Schwarzkopf-coasters.net are still the best I've seen.

http://schwarzkopf-coaster.net/ESAndalusiaRailroad-KureGF.htm

• 6 months later...