Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Page 101 - Sky Roller coming to FujiQ
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Banned

Postby RIP Psyclone » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:48 pm

Shane even pulled something on M.S. out of his attic...wow. I'm speechless. Shane, what DON'T you have, haha.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby stormrider » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:00 pm

I've always wanted a Meisho brochure :lmao: or for the matter, any brochure from a manufacturer. I've sent emails but haven't got any, so I guess I'd have to go to IAAPA to get brochures. As for the sound, I think those are tire screeches. Even Vortex at Great America has tire screeches on some parts, but Moonsault Scramble probably burned up more tires.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:16 pm

stormrider wrote:I've always wanted a Meisho brochure :lmao: or for the matter, any brochure from a manufacturer. I've sent emails but haven't got any, so I guess I'd have to go to IAAPA to get brochures. As for the sound, I think those are tire screeches. Even Vortex at Great America has tire screeches on some parts, but Moonsault Scramble probably burned up more tires.

I wrote to Walter Bolliger once and he replied quickly. He sent some brochures too.

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:17 pm

^ watch my thread "Shane's Amusement Attic" I will be posting some ride manufacturers brochures and catalogs probably later tonight or tomorrow. I have an old Intamin catalog and of course some more stuff from the Meisho catalog.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:20 pm

montezooma wrote:^ watch my thread "Shane's Amusement Attic" I will be posting some ride manufacturers brochures and catalogs probably later tonight or tomorrow. I have an old Intamin catalog and of course some more stuff from the Meisho catalog.

I can't wait to see the Intamin one.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby gr8LAboy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:19 pm

I skated the ice rink under Moonsault in the winter of 99. It was actually quite a beautiful place to go in the winter with Fuji right next door and all. The ice rink in the summer was an extreme eyesore, however.

The parks in Japan mostly stay open year round. So riding the coasters during a snow storm at 32 degrees is fairly common.

Common, yes. Fun? Eh...well...

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby stormrider » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm

coastercrazy216 wrote:
stormrider wrote:I've always wanted a Meisho brochure :lmao: or for the matter, any brochure from a manufacturer. I've sent emails but haven't got any, so I guess I'd have to go to IAAPA to get brochures. As for the sound, I think those are tire screeches. Even Vortex at Great America has tire screeches on some parts, but Moonsault Scramble probably burned up more tires.

I wrote to Walter Bolliger once and he replied quickly. He sent some brochures too.

I'll try again then =) Oh, and I can't wait to see the Meisho brochure, since I've seen enough Intamin already. Meisho always seemed more exotic to me than Intamin, albeit rougher than Intamin. And I wonder how Vekoma was involved with the ride. I thought maybe the lift, yet Meisho's Loop Coaster at Toy Kingdom http://www.rcdb.com/id1277.htm opened before Vekoma made their first Boomerang coaster. ^And I think riding coasters in the snow sounds fun!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:35 am

/\/\
I believe when the Toy Kingdom shuttle loop opened it was the tallest ride in the world for a while. At least thats what ive read on a couple of japanese sites.

Also Shane ill be interested to see what Meishio stuff you have. looks like you have older versions of the brouchures i have so i'll upload some later if they are different :) will be nice to compare

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Fuji-Q builds new Water Raft Ride

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Hey all

it appears the SFMM of the East is building a new water raft ride this year.
Looks pretty long, fairly interesting and is called Nagashimasuka.

Length: 500m
Height: 18m
Speed: 29km/h
Time: 4:30sec

theres a press release here
http://www.fujikyu.co.jp/data/news_pdf/ ... masuka.pdf

and new construction photos here
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/5777/nagashi.html

from what ive heard Fuji-Q is lacking in its water ride and family ride line-ups so this should be a nice edition

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Looks like a variation on ABC Rides BAYERN PARK_Wildwasser Rafting.

Cool idea to have the drop from the whirl pool.

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for putting up the info on the new ride. ;)
db_2007_Bayernpark_SpinningRapids115.jpg
db_2007_Bayernpark_SpinningRapids_art15.jpg
db_2007_Bayernpark_SpinningRapids215.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!