Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Page 101 - Sky Roller coming to FujiQ
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Star Wars is gay.

Re: Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

Fuji-Q's Facebook recently announced some new single rider options (personal translation):
An announcement for Valentine's and White Day! [We will have] single rider on Fujiyama and Takabisha! Single riders should use the special "Single Smart Free Pass" to enjoy Fuji-Q!!

Original Japanese:
バレンタイン&ホワイトデー記念!
FUJIYAMA・高飛車でシングルライダー!おひとりさま専用「シングルスマートフリーパス」で富士急を楽しもう!!
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 pm

That's awesome the park has added some single rider lines! It'll be interesting to see about how long they take since all reports list their dispatches as painfully slow.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Most Recent Trip Reports- Quassy and Lake Compounce

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:13 pm

^I'm curious to see how well they can implement it, and if it actually helps alleviate some of the longer wait times. I'm also hoping if the system works out well on those two, they'll consider implementing it on some of their other rides that could use it (Dodonpa or Eejanaika, perhaps).
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:36 pm

^^^ White Day? :?r

EDIT: Found it...

Valentine's Day on February 14 celebrates love and affection between intimate companions. White Day (ホワイトデー, Howaito dē, a Japanese wasei-eigo) is a holiday celebrated on March 14, one month after Valentine's Day. In Japan this day is widely celebrated, much like Valentine's Day. It is also observed in South Korea and Taiwan.

In the countries where White Day is celebrated, the difference between Valentine's Day and White Day is about who gives the gifts. In these cultures, women present chocolates to men as gifts on Valentine's Day. One month later, men are supposed to return the favor by buying two to three times more expensive gifts for the women on White Day.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby lond » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Visited Fuji-Q Highlands for a month ago to ride Do-Dodonpa, because it was down the last time I visited the park (January 2017) :(
Do-Dodonpa was running when I arrived to the park by train, but empty.. Headed strait to Do-Dodonpa after entering the park, but the staff told us that it was to cold
to let rider on Do-Dodonpa and they didn't know when the ride will open... After that the sun made its magic and raised the temperature just below 0 degrees celsius, we was allowed to ride Do-Dodonpa :D :D
Did some quick re-rides on Do-Dodonpa and the rest of the open attractions, before declaring it to cold and left the park.
On my way to the bus, i exited Fuji-Q at the other end of the park (instead of the train station) and found a little piece of Paris.

/// Marcus

Bild00001.jpg

Bild00002.jpg

Bild00003.jpg

Bild00004.jpg

Bild00005.jpg

Bild00006.jpg

Bild00007.jpg

Bild00008.jpg

Bild00009.jpg

Bild00010.jpg

Bild00011.jpg

Bild00012.jpg

Bild00013.jpg

Bild00014.jpg

Bild00015.jpg

Bild00016.jpg

Bild00017.jpg

Bild00018.jpg
Ice skating rink

Bild00019.jpg

Wormhole to Paris :)

Bild00020.jpg

Bild00021.jpg

Bild00022.jpg

Bild00023.jpg

Bild00024.jpg

Bild00025.jpg

Bild00026.jpg

Bild00027.jpg

Bild00028.jpg

Bild00029.jpg
View from the bus

As you can see of my data that the new loop of Do-Dodonpa is smooth but the rest of the track is quite rough and the brakes in to the loop doesn't add to the ride experience :( But the 4G launch definitely does :D
G@00021_Dodonpa.ACC.PNG
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!