TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Fuji-Q Highlands, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

February 15th, 2005 - S&S/Arrow 4-D coaster construction

April 4th, 2006 - Moonsault Scramble discussion

July 2nd, 2008 - Fuji-Q adds a Rapids Raft ride

February 2nd, 2011 - World's largest Eurofighter being built

April 5th, 2011 - New element for a Eurofighter revealed

June 28th, 2016 - Gerstlaurer Sky Roller to be added to ride line-up

February 5th, 2020 - Large new coaster coming to Fuji-Q in Summer 2022

Original Post

Thank you to the nice person who put these up on the CF forums:

http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/vie ... 2&start=30

I'm hoping this is the 4D that S&S have said is going to Japan.. Seems a good place seeing as their last coaster was from S&S.

fuji3.jpg.6ab0d2ae43e687690dda24ab0ffe322d.jpg

fuji2.jpg.91520a1cc4c8c886f4659488bc791ad5.jpg

fuji1.jpg.7a93e697a70ab4a47175ab35e559b247.jpg

I just went to Fuji-Q today. Sadly the park isn't actually open, (in fact it was only 36 degrees F!) but by driving around to the back side of the park I took some shots of the footers too. There wasn't any track on site yet, unless it is hidden deep in the park, as I checked out all of the parking lots. Electrical work was occuring while I was there.

One worker told me that the ride is expected to open in July of 2006. He admitted that the ride was made by an American company, and when I asked him if it was S+S Power, he looked very surprised, then said that it was a big secret. I asked the foreman for a peek at the site plans, but he too said it was all a big secret. (In English!)

I sent Robb the pics! They are too big for me to post!

Chris B

probably because arrow doesnt exist anymore!

but the people who now own the people once known as arrow is making it. S&S Power.

I'm kinda sad to see this come in, SFMM had a great ride and had the balls to put it in first. and now it means nothing because it isnt the only one anymore.

Blazen, while I respect your opinion... it would be a shame to see the S&S/Arrow 4D design no longer used because the prototype was such an innovation. More people will be able to enjoy this type of coaster, an din the process, the kinks work themselves out, and perhaps designs will get more edgy.

Parking lot coaster?

Not really. It is going in the area previously occupied by Double Loop, a Meisho that had trees and whatnot in it's interior. This one has a bigger footprint and extends slightly into the employee lot. Even if there is zero theming, this park will at least place sod and trees around the ride. Fujiyama was also placed in the main parking lot, but it has recieved landscaping immediately after completion.

Chris B

"Fuji-Q-Highlands is the SFMM of Japan."

And now there's proof.

Personally I think this will be a large step forward on what was a marvellous innovation gone wrong. Oh, and these comments about X, well, thing is, X these days sucks balls, and frankly, so does SFMM so I really don't see how they should get this "honour" of being the only park to have a certain type of attraction when they can't even control what a company can sell/not sell. If anything we'll be seeing a smoother and probably much more better designed coaster than X, and isn't that something worth cheering about as enthusiasts?