Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Page 101 - Sky Roller coming to FujiQ
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:36 pm

^ I actually like the part after the speedy transformation!
Beautiful overall shots of the park and of course Mt.Fuji. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Mr Stratosphere wrote:Found a pretty cool time-lapse of the transformation.

Not going to lie, that was pretty cool to watch. I can't wait to eventually make it out to this park to give this thing a go! :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mmkaycomputer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 pm

Does anyone have experience with using the park's fast pass system? If so, is it reasonable to expect that with early hotel-guest arrival (8:30am), we might be able to nab morning or even early afternoon fast pass time slots before the general public starts to enter the park at 9am? We're not sure if the fast pass office is open during early admission or not, but we want to at least be in line for it when it does.

The reason for our urgency: Unfortunately, we have to leave Fuji by 4 pm and cannot rearrange our trip to maximize time at the park -- but we're nonetheless hellbent on getting on those four coasters. (Can you blame us?) If it helps, we're going on Wednesday, August 23 (after the holiday/festival). Thanks for any advice you might have.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shark » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 am

mmkaycomputer wrote:Does anyone have experience with using the park's fast pass system? If so, is it reasonable to expect that with early hotel-guest arrival (8:30am), we might be able to nab morning or even early afternoon fast pass time slots before the general public starts to enter the park at 9am? We're not sure if the fast pass office is open during early admission or not, but we want to at least be in line for it when it does.

From memory as soon as the early entry opens people start to line up. Then they open the office a few minutes before the park opens.

As we didn't know any Japanese we prepared the rides/time we wanted on a printout. This made the process much easier for us.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:12 am

mmkaycomputer wrote:Does anyone have experience with using the park's fast pass system? If so, is it reasonable to expect that with early hotel-guest arrival (8:30am), we might be able to nab morning or even early afternoon fast pass time slots before the general public starts to enter the park at 9am? We're not sure if the fast pass office is open during early admission or not, but we want to at least be in line for it when it does.

End of July after a holiday, I was able to get return times for all major coasters by noon with general admission at opening (plus an extra Dodonpa and Eejanaika slot mid afternoon a few hours after opening), but I can't say for if sure the same will hold for August. Even if it ends up being a lot busier, having early access should make getting decent return times a lot easier.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mmkaycomputer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Great feedback, thanks! I feel a little more reassured about the passes. Now, whether I survive the new Do-Dodonpa will be a whole other story!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:09 am

If it helps I lost my debit card on my 1st trip and so couldn't use fast pass and still got the 4 coasters plus the mouse and a few flat rides in. Just choose one and hit it at the start. I did Dodonpa first due to those tiny trains and found that Takashiba and Eejenaka kind of held steady at 50-70 mins all day. Fujiyama hit 30 minutes but they decided that meant switching to 1 train so it rose back up in the afternoon.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am

Why did they paint Eejanika? I saw a few recent POVs and it looks awful. Faded grey with red poking through.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:49 am

^I think it’s a re-theme. They got new trains for Eejanaika and I think it’s the smoothest 4D coaster out of the three.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AidanCKY » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

So I recently got back from a trip to Tokyo, and I got a bus to experience Fuji-Q for a day.
This was my first time, and I really enjoyed it.

It was my first ride of a 4D Coaster, and it may be my favourite coaster... ever. It has the new S&S trains on it - i'd seen Robbs POV of it and it sounded like he hated it - but that had the old Arrow-style trains on.

Very intense, but felt smooth enough and I loved it!

I also rode Do-dodonpa with the new loop, that ride is crazy - the launch is so intense, and the entry to the loop is so forceful because of the speed.

Takabisha was a great example of a Gerstlaurer, and Fujiyama was a pleasant surprise, my first TOGO and I thought it was a solid coaster.

EDIT: Also the operations are as bad as everyone says, but we rode everything and got re-rides on a few coasters fine - we visited midweek and arrived after opening and left before closing. It's possible!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!