TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Hey that's not fair, I've been there and I know for a fact that Dodonpa's capacity isn't that low!

32/h more likely.

It still baffles me how a park's operations can be so bad. How does it take 15 minutes to load a single 8-person train? What do they do during that time?

Hey that's not fair, I've been there and I know for a fact that Dodonpa's capacity isn't that low!

32/h more likely.

It still baffles me how a park's operations can be so bad. How does it take 15 minutes to load a single 8-person train? What do they do during that time?

They make you take your wrist watch off, put it in a locker, and then give you a wrist strap locker key.

I am not making this up.

I'm more forgiving than most for this park, because I seriously loved riding Dodonpa, but I still remember getting the harness released and then all rechecked when the op noticed something was in my pocket (a very tiny lump) and it turned out to be a piece of used tissue from my cold that i'd forgotten was even there.

Meanwhile at Holiday Park, Germany, a foreign teenager is allowed to take on ride videos for the first time using a flimsy chest rig, and 360 camera, with no questions asked...On two super intense and airtime filled rides. I wonder if they would ask me to take it off if I did that at Fuji-Q Highlands?

All seriousness though, I always ask before hand at the park if they allow it, and HP is the only one which has ever said yes so far.

• 2 weeks later...

It was only a few minutes when I went there in 2015. They were churning out Dodonpa trains every couple of minutes when I was there, same for Takabisha. Can't say the same for Fujiyama nor Eejanaika though. Maybe I was lucky, but almost every park in Japan not named Disney or Universal has slow loading procedures from my observations. Thunder Dolphin at Tokyo Dome City was the worst as they had about 15 minute dispatches, although it wasn't crowded at all there.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw some tweets posted to Twitter showing Do-Dodonpa testing. It looks like they re-did the seats so that they are similar to what's on their Free-Fly coasters and what GaleForce has (vest restraints).

After reading all this, I am soooooo very glad I got this credit, nearly ten years ago, this Sept!

Yeah, at my age and health now, I think I'd just watch this, and listen to the Sounds of Pain.

G11_GoodDodonpaShot_FujiQ.jpg.8097200ade446aaee17ea950aa78e491.jpg

I watched it from a distance, in the TPR 2011 Japan Tour.

One ride (2007) was enough for me. Taken from the park's Wheel.

A Japan website just posted a POV during what looks like a media event for it's opening:

It looks like you might get a similar feeling going through the loop like you would on Full Throttle. Good looking station as well.