Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1067 - Typhoon Twister to be added to waterpark for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: ALT2870 and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:14 pm

We were fortunate enough to get a set of well mannered teens to sit behind us. Throughout the entire ride one of them yelled, "Dis ride trash. Dis ride trash.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That reversal was comedy gold. I’m still laughing out loud about it.

I think The Boss is terribly underrated. It’s such a massive, aggressive gem of a ride. And that hidden double-down first drop...just dreamy. Glad you guys experienced a few positives in the end!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby DavidB » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 pm

^^I hope it stays in your good graces, it really is a cool layout and not as rough as people claim, and I always ride in back for the drops. And yeah, also love Screamin' Eagle. Rumbling along through the woods in the dark with that floater then the drops after the 2 turns...all of it is so fun. I love our wood collection.

^Great description...always glad to hear from those who appreciate The Boss.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby SteveStL » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:29 am

Sounds like the Park needs to close for a week and try to reboot the 2018 season.
Is 'Boomerang' ever open??? What a lemon of a coaster

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:12 am

:lol: :lmao: :lol: That report was as good as advertised. I'm sorry you had the experience you did, but it made for a great read.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am

All that and no photos? What!?!?!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TNT » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 am

SteveStL wrote:Is 'Boomerang' ever open??? What a lemon of a coaster

Boomerang has been running exceptionally well this season, outside of only a couple days it has ran everyday this season reasonably reliably.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:14 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Boomerang was running the following day, since it was testing at the close of the park. At least maintenance was still doing their best at the end of the night. This was my first visit this year, but I know last year we only saw it running one time. It came back online after a break down and Emily and I jumped in the front car for our one and only ride. After that it broke down again.

I'm sure it's running more consistent as TNT says, which is a good thing. We've just never had good luck with it, not that we really ever want to ride again.

I will also say that Fireball was up and running by the end of the night. I can't comment if it was up and running during the morning or afternoon.

Postby SteveStL » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:22 pm

TNT wrote:
SteveStL wrote:Is 'Boomerang' ever open??? What a lemon of a coaster

Boomerang has been running exceptionally well this season, outside of only a couple days it has ran everyday this season reasonably reliably.

Glad it is running well then, thanks for the Info.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby bachir » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm

So what's the reasoning for so many rides being down so often? I go once a summer, and on my previous visit just about every ride was down. Not kidding. My boys, who go all the time, say its always like this.

So what's the reasoning? Maintenance? Cost? Maintenance and cost? Apathy? Poor management? Lack of employees? Lack of good employees?

It really was a sad situation. I could go on and on about how long it took to get into the park, or how bad the food service was, or the overall look of the park (weeds and poor landscaping, peeling paint, trash) but at the end of the day it comes down to rides. And very few rides were operating. I don't know how this is acceptable at all. The park looks to be in serious decline.

Postby SteveStL » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm

It is my guess our park is insignificant compared to the other larger parks in the chain. Six Flags St Louis is an afterthought at the Corporate level. If I am wrong then that's fine but that the way it appears to me. I wish the park was owned locally.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!