Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Ass is another word for Donkey!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:29 am

LOL!! They just sent out the passholder announcements and had a feature on the Boss with a video. It's an old video that still shows the helix. Whoops. My son is ready to sue for false advertising.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Tuly » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:33 am

Hey guys haven’t popped in a while, just wanted to ask which pass gives the best perks for the best price... monthly gold or just regular seasons pass.
Montu : The Boss : Goliath(SFGAM)
Coaster Count : 30

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:39 pm

Tuly wrote:Hey guys haven’t popped in a while, just wanted to ask which pass gives the best perks for the best price... monthly gold or just regular seasons pass.

If you don't mind the subscription the perks of Platinum and Diamond are definitely nice. I was already doing 1 subscription dining and 4 Gold and I've switched to 4 diamond and two dining memberships. For $5 more than I was previously paying I get twice the meals and all the diamond stuff. Pretty happy with the deep dining discount (dining memberships used to be $17 a month....)

I'd definitely recommend consulting the chart of perks before making any moves. I would have done Platinum if I didn't plan on visiting other parks in the chain. The preferred parking and line skip will come in handy visiting Great America and other busier parks.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:48 pm

The MCBR is way more aggressive on The Boss this visit than it was the first time I tried it this way.

You barely roll out of it - and just leisurely top the hill after it now. It's really not a good this way IMO.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TNT » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Danrarbc wrote:The MCBR is way more aggressive on The Boss this visit than it was the first time I tried it this way.

You barely roll out of it - and just leisurely top the hill after it now. It's really not a good this way IMO.

This is necessary to keep the speed in check for the final brakes. You have to remember that they are attempting to slow the train at the end to the same speed as before with the same brake run length and a significantly faster train. I rode earlier today and didn't find it to be too bad. She is a little slow through the second turn around but gets her foot back into the accelerator for a strong finish.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby DavidB » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm

That's kind of disappointing to hear. The drop out of the mcbr is one of my favorite parts of the ride.

Postby TNT » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:06 pm

DavidB wrote:That's kind of disappointing to hear. The drop out of the mcbr is one of my favorite parts of the ride.
Still provides airtime in the last car.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:08 pm

Went to Six Flags today and got to try Namtab and the new Boss, and I was impressed with both of them.

First of all, Namtab! Yllanif! After striking out before, this visit I went straight to it at opening and got on. Good move too, as while we were going up the lift I could see the line stretching into the park section. Haven't seen it that long in a while.

Namtab is very, very intense in the back. Batman is intense in the last row too, but the Namtab version....wow. I was a bit queasy coming off it. :nina:

As for the new Boss, it's the best it's run in years. It was so smooth, about like it was right after the RMC retrack in '13. The new overbanked turn is so much better than the old helix, and you actually get a bit of air on the double up at the end now. Great job making this ride not just tolerable, but actually fun!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Hearing that the Boss has slowed down is a good thing in my book.

I don't think we'll get to try Namtab. We're probably going to wait until Coaster Campout at Cedar Point to visit any parks and we've got our eye on Millennium Force as our first ride of 2018. This will be followed by Maverick and the Steel whatever it's called roller coaster. I'm just not feeling it yet with park going seasons stretching so late into the year, anymore.

Postby TNT » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Overall it was a nice day at the park. It was a bit busier than I expected for a Sunday, but fortunately crowds thinned out before close.

The main reason for the visit was to try Boss 2.0. The first half of the ride is still very smooth, there was a little hint of roughness between the first turnaround and the mid-course which might get worse when the wood drys out in the summer heat but right now it is tolerable. The mid-course does slow the train down a lot which kills what little thrill the second turn did offer, but the ride takes off again after that. Despite the slow down at the mid-course the new turn is still forceful and the double up provides some good airtime. Over all the ride is surprisingly smooth. In terms of experience its not quite as good as Old Boss on a good day, but is definitely better than Old Boss on a bad day. Boss 2.0 just might be my favorite wood coaster in the park, we shall see how it holds up.

The other 2 woodies were running very well as expected. Boomerang was running smoothly, the stop at the end was a bit unpleasant but not terrible. Mr. Freeze was great as always, the braking in the tunnel appeared a little smoother than normal which was nice. Ninja was Ninja, need I say anymore?

Justice League was running decent. Some minor things didn't work like the door between the first and second scene and a couple of fog effects. The only major thing that didn't work was the fog screen. The projector was working, unlike last year, but the fog for the fog screen was not. The operations weren't bad either. They were using the single rider line as it is intended, filling seats when there wasn't a group of proper size in the immediate vicinity, this was annoying the guy behind me in the single rider line which I found mildly humorous.

I ended the day with a ride on the train and I must say the new auto spiel system they added is much better than someone mumbling into the microphone and mispronounce basic words. Also noticed that they are building something in the Catering Grove in the old Moon Car station, looks like either a new pavilion or patio.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!