Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1067 - Typhoon Twister to be added to waterpark for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: kjpotter and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:16 am

double

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby teacherkim » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:38 am

ChrisGraslie wrote:This all wasn't because of anyone here looking for something to get excited about, the situation was it looked so much like someone was exposed in a way they may not want to be for all the world to see online, imagine if it was your wife or significant other in the photo and actually had a wardrobe malfunction and the park that asked to feature you on social media doesn't realize something's off and posts it anyway. It was all out of sympathy for the people involved because if it really happened I'm sure none of you would want to be part of it.

I think you are exaggerating the seriousness just a bit. I mean I'm almost 50, a woman, go out in public in a swimsuit, sometimes at SF water park where I regularly run into my middle school students......why would a nipslip be that much worse, it's just a body part that we all have. See plenty of guys with their butt cracks out and they don't seem to care.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Kevin Long » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:14 pm

theymitbgi wrote:Just got back from my first visit to SFSL in about two years. Wondering why we decided to buy season passes again.

Here's a few of my highlights:
Justice League CLOSED(only ride the wife really wanted to ride)
Two hour window to use dining pass for Dinner and Snack. That's a lot of food to consume in two hours, let alone wait in line for.
Love at First Fright-Worst I've seen in forever. Singing is awful, new songs are awful, and LAFF is usually a highlight of a Fright Fest visit for us.
Skyscreamer-best lighting package in the whole park, NO LIGHTS!!
Took a train ride, sat in the station for almost 20 minutes.
Not too mention all the typical hoosiers and roaming teenagers.

I guess I'm just becoming an old grouch. Kinda wished I would have saved money on season and dining passes just for a weekend at SDC.

^^^^ this is my plan for next year

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Not to change the topic but...

I visited the park Friday, and honestly Fright Fest is a mess this year.
-Camp Killamore and Slaughter House seemed a lot shorter than in the past. Killamore had no real theming other than in the showerhouse. The rest was just walking down large open pathways filled with fog and lighting. Slaughter House got rid of one of its best parts (the corn maze) and now the entire outside area smells like pig sh*t because there are now actual live pigs just sitting in the middle of the maze?
-Night Terrors had the most scare actors and effects of the mazes we went through but the overall theme (not that most people care) didn't seem to make sense. There were snakes, hands, clowns, chain link fences, a doctor. Not sure what it was supposed to be, but at least it was somewhat scary.
-Blackout is a waste of space and scare actors.
-Clown area had no scare actors when we went through at 10. It's also in a location this year that is even worse than last years (sandwiched in between Big Spin and Xcalibur).
-No hayride this year really makes it ridiculous to charge $30 for admission to 5 houses. The worker running the line for Killamore heard my friend complaining about the VIP line and ranted to us about how she thinks the $30 for the houses is way too much, let alone the $40 for express.

A new maze would be nice next year, as well as an emphasis on more theming in the mazes. Not sure how Blind Fury is this year, we didn't go in.
Top 10: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Voyage 3. Millennium Force 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Thunderbird 7. Powder Keg 8. Lightning Run 9. Raging Bull 10. Goliath (SFGAm)
Click here for my trip reports!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby aaronmb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:Not to change the topic but...

I visited the park Friday, and honestly Fright Fest is a mess this year.
-Camp Killamore and Slaughter House seemed a lot shorter than in the past. Killamore had no real theming other than in the showerhouse. The rest was just walking down large open pathways filled with fog and lighting. Slaughter House got rid of one of its best parts (the corn maze) and now the entire outside area smells like pig sh*t because there are now actual live pigs just sitting in the middle of the maze?
-Night Terrors had the most scare actors and effects of the mazes we went through but the overall theme (not that most people care) didn't seem to make sense. There were snakes, hands, clowns, chain link fences, a doctor. Not sure what it was supposed to be, but at least it was somewhat scary.
-Blackout is a waste of space and scare actors.
-Clown area had no scare actors when we went through at 10. It's also in a location this year that is even worse than last years (sandwiched in between Big Spin and Xcalibur).
-No hayride this year really makes it ridiculous to charge $30 for admission to 5 houses. The worker running the line for Killamore heard my friend complaining about the VIP line and ranted to us about how she thinks the $30 for the houses is way too much, let alone the $40 for express.

A new maze would be nice next year, as well as an emphasis on more theming in the mazes. Not sure how Blind Fury is this year, we didn't go in.

Been to two fright fests, but havent done any haunted houses, as I like riding the rides in the dark a lot more. Creepyworld and The Darkness are much better for the money.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby thisdougsforu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 am

I've always enjoyed Frightfest more for the park decorations and Halloween ambiance as yeah, it can't compete with standalone attractions like the Darkness or Creepyworld. Creepyworld is so spread out that it's sort of "eh" to me on the whole, but I LOVE the Darkness as the visual effects and set decoration are fun to look at.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Chiselphane » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:52 am

So tired of this trend of Fake Nips

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:18 pm

If SF changed the dining pass to where people could use it whenever they wanted during the day instead of having designated times, would that take care of the ridiculous food lines?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Kevin Long » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Vonni wrote:If SF changed the dining pass to where people could use it whenever they wanted during the day instead of having designated times, would that take care of the ridiculous food lines?

it certainly would not hurt in my opinion. I am of the very firm belief that 90% of the dining pass delay problems are related to attempting to control labor costs.

by restricting times of eating and limiting the establishments that are open at any given time, you don't need to be fully staffed at any food booth - 90% of the people eating at the park now are passholders. I mean face it you don't eat at the park for the fine dining experience, without the pass most people would not be buying stale chicken strips and lukewarm burgers for 15.00 a pop.I almost never see anyone pay cash for food anymore in the park -

I avoid most busy times at the park and delays I saw and experienced were directly related to 2 things. Being understaffed at the dinner times and a lack of work knowledge or interest in serving customers (efficiency and or speed of job completion). In the end its a crappy food service job and those doing it don't seem to be into it very much, hence a definite lack of enthusiasm.

Not sure of the fix for any of this, but more operational coke freestyle machines around the park might help a bit with drink lines.

my two cents

Kevin

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

I've had a food idea I've been ruminating on for a while now. One that possibly allows for increased throughput without needing extra staff.

Take a page out of a what Amazon and UPS are doing - create a 1ocker pickup service, and you place orders on their app. There are already multiple food items prepared in central locations, and there are already people moving food supplies around basically all the time. Some of the infrastructure is basically already there. You just need a 1ocker design and to design the pickup system (I'd recommend using the app and geofencing and/or Bluetooth LE). Pick your food, pick your location. The app gives you a time and you pay in the app.

You could also look at vending machines that cook the food on the spot but employees may not like it. It also creates a single point of interaction that can still clog up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!