TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It's probably not the popular opinion, but I would be okay with the park getting A classic ride like a Troika if it's been refurbished. I was annoyed to have Rush Street Flyer sent away and refurbished to be replaced by Fireball. I think it's cool when parks get older rides that have been fixed up like WoF did a couple years ago with their Troika and whatever the other little spinning swinging deal is called.

The ride itself was remodeled and themed to HarleyQuinn. Since SFSTL does not have a HarleyQuinn named attraction it would seem to fit. This Troika would be one of the few rides that I would be good with receiving from another Park. I wish SFOT still had it. It is a nice family attraction. Our Gotham area has very little that is not a "Thrill" ride. It is a great area- just maybe not for families.

It wouldn't be so bad to get a used ride from Arlington.The other relocations have gone over well, so they're getting good return for minimal investment. And it's not like anyone actually goes to both Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags over Texas. And before you say "enthusiasts do," no one bases any financial decisions on enthusiasts, least of all a profitable company like Six Flags.

From time to time, I have seen people wishing and hoping for SFSTL to be bought out by Cedar Fair. It's funny because I have also seen people clamoring for Six Flags to buy Cedar Fair's Michigan's Adventure as well as some of their other small parks. The grass is always greener on the other side.

In June, I visited Michigan's Adventure for the first time and it does have its charm. It is a nice looking park with an open feel. Shivering Timbers is phenomenal and they do have the world's tallest mouse coaster. However, SFSTL is packed with more ride choices, and a bigger coaster selection. I believe Six Flags does a marginally better job of giving TLC to their neglected parks, but a transfer of ownership of one of these parks from Cedar Fair to Six Flags or vice-versa will not make much difference whatsoever.

Even though SFGAM can not be an equal to Cedar Point, I really wish SFSTL could become the King's Island of the Six Flags chain. The Cincinnati market isn't any bigger than the St. Louis market. I'd gladly pay $75 for a SFGAM/SFSTL combo ticket, but that's just me. These parks aren't quite as close together as CP/KI. I'm pretty easy to please either way.

Well this is going to be interesting how this program will work. I’m guess somehow your card will be scanned at every ride or store. Has six flags gotten about the people who in pay in-full for a season pass? I feel like they really cater to the members more than anything now.

FAEC93A3-2E24-4A81-A5B9-47102C7EBCEF.thumb.jpeg.7fcdea95500757374c4e958ece5510b2.jpeg

August 30 is also going to be the day they announce “an incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season.”

I’m guessing it will be Excalibur or Colossus actually working in 2019.

Just saw that email and came here to post it. Really curious as to what we’re getting.

Well this is going to be interesting how this program will work. I’m guess somehow your card will be scanned at every ride or store. Has six flags gotten about the people who in pay in-full for a season pass? I feel like they really cater to the members more than anything now.

The website says you don't actually have to ride anything, just check-in when you're near a ride. I'm guessing that means you'll just have to check-in on the app once it detects that you are close to a ride.

The lowest level membership person is paying about $30 more for what the 2018 grandfathered Gold season pass person pays. Memberships are largely a cleverly disguised big price increase. So, yes they have to make it seem worth paying more fro what you have been getting for a lot less with a gold pass, but won't anymore. The gold pass perks, discounts, etc,, have virtually all been moved to memberships, except free parking.

The lowest level membership person is paying about $30 more for what the 2018 grandfathered Gold season pass person pays. Memberships are largely a cleverly disguised big price increase. So, yes they have to make it seem worth paying more fro what you have been getting for a lot less with a gold pass, but won't anymore. The gold pass perks, discounts, etc,, have virtually all been moved to memberships, except free parking.

Yeah, and I would be good with that, except that they keep using the "Gold Member Entrance" signs and the like, and I have a Gold membership and have been denied every time. If they want to say Gold Plus gets the perk and Gold just gets you in with parking, that's fine by me. But they keep promising things and then not delivering them. Again, I don't care if I haven't bought them. But I do have a problem when you tell me I bought them and then deny them to me. Just change the damn signs. That's all it would take.

Oh God, the media coverage that the park would receive for getting a stand up would be ridiculous. Every news story about the ride would bring up Railblazer and the accident that occured years ago.

Yeah it'll never happen. Besides it is pretty clear Apocalypse is getting the Floorless makeover Cedar Point ordered.