TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So we made an impromptu, it sucks that school is starting next week, trip to the park today. I was going to go to the neighborhood pool for a few hours of sun and relaxation since I have to go back to work on Monday but the boy convinced me that since we already have the passes and the dining plan it would actually make more sense to go to the wp instead. Right. But, ok, I thought I will finally get to ride that damn slide that I have been trying to ride all summer. So, we strolled into the wp at about 12:20 (open 12-5) today, claimed a chair, got my sunscreen on, put sunscreen on squirming 15 year old that is taller than me while holding him down, rushed over to Typhoon Twister and........closed for the day. Seriously. That's the 3rd time we've been shut out. I'm giving up on it til next summer.

The boy was so disgusted that he submitted to sunscreen for a closed slide that he promptly announced he was going to ride some coasters. I said ok, I will be laying out by the pool, come back when you're done. Got a relaxing hour and half of cooling off in the pool, sunbathing, reading....til the clouds rolled in. Then thunder so everything gets shut down for weather. So, as it starts to drizzle we vacate the wp which was the first time I waited in line to exit something but of course we all had to go through the turnstile. We stowed our stuff in a ride locker and did a lap around the park in the drizzle waiting for something to open. It never really did more than a light rain with just a bit of thunder, the weather closure lasted about an hour and a half.

Prozach- I can report good news during the downtime. There was no trash in the park, in fact it was quite clean and the only boorish behavior I noticed was some middle schoolers that were sitting on one of the benches hassling people by loudly pointing out things about their wardrobe and then clapping in mock appreciation. In other words acting like annoying little twerps. So, I marched right over to the bench and gave them all my best teacher death stare. They stopped abruptly and went on to minding their own business. Yes, I still have it and I'm ready for a new batch of 7th graders next week!

Between 3:30 and 5:30 we rode some rides then had a quick meal and then the real storm moved in closing everything for the day since the park was only open til 6 anyway. This one was a cold gullywasher with some serious wind. Rode it out in the fudge shop then made for the car.

Since we have all been a bit debby downer on the park lately I will end with some good news: the park was nice and clean, landscaping looked good, I noticed several nicely planted beds, pots and hanging baskets. (I mean they had dragon wing begonias over by Mine Train when they should clearly be planted by Dragon's Wing because of their name but I realize this might be extreme nitpicking of an amatuer gardner) Most rides were up and running today, not counting the weather closure and TT (sigh). Shazam was running with it's new cars. Fireball and Boomerang both running as were all the water rides. Only things down were Colossus and Excaliber still down on refurb and Freeze which looked like it was getting some short term track maintenance done.

So, overall, can't blame them for storms and everything looked pretty good today. Only negatives were I still don't like the emasculated Boss and there was a fight in the parking lot over a pretzel. But the combatants were geese so I'll assume they don't know any better manners.

lol at the geese comment. Good to hear the park was looking nice. I can't wait to give it another try. Except now that I think of it, tomorrow we're leaving for a day in Nashville, TN. Sunday we're closing the gap to Santa Rosa Island, in Pensacola to stay for a week. The weekend after we get back I have to work... so looks like if all goes well I'll be up for another visit in a month. That is, unless we head to SFGam or SFoG like we plan on doing before the end of the season. Where does the time go? Damn.

Prozach - I have found in the past that the weekends, particularly Sundays, between Labor Day and FF are very nice and quiet. It's a good time to go if you want things low key. The downside is that a lot of the food and some shopping venues will be closed. But the crowds are usually light and quiet.

Prozach - I have found in the past that the weekends, particularly Sundays, between Labor Day and FF are very nice and quiet. It's a good time to go if you want things low key. The downside is that a lot of the food and some shopping venues will be closed. But the crowds are usually light and quiet.

This is terrible advice. Sometimes in that time period staffing is so low they don't have a beer man. Don't risk it.

Oh yeah, I could see that. I justed wanted to throw some shade at it too.

I was pretty mad it was / has been down all summer, including when I visited Hurricane Harbor in June. Matter of a fact, this whole year has been odd for SF ride openings.

Oh topic of next year’s addition, while I have no indication of what we are getting, I finally rode an S&S Free Spin this summer, and boy would I be happy if we got one of those.

Oh yeah, I could see that. I justed wanted to throw some shade at it too.

I was pretty mad it was / has been down all summer, including when I visited Hurricane Harbor in June. Matter of a fact, this whole year has been odd for SF ride openings.

Oh topic of next year’s addition, while I have no indication of what we are getting, I finally rode an S&S Free Spin this summer, and boy I would be happy now if we got one of those.

Few weeks away from announcement time ... what are the rumors circulating around SFSTL, if any?

At this point, I'd be happy just to get back Shazam (check), Colossus, Xcalibur, Typhoon Twister, Joker, all six cars on Superman, a fully functioning Justice League, a replacement for Highland Fling... our standards have been lowered!

Who's up for Colossus: Reverse Blast?

Few weeks away from announcement time ... what are the rumors circulating around SFSTL, if any?

At this point, I'd be happy just to get back Shazam (check), Colossus, Xcalibur, Typhoon Twister, Joker, all six cars on Superman, a fully functioning Justice League, a replacement for Highland Fling... our standards have been lowered!

Who's up for Colossus: Reverse Blast?

Even The Joker is down? ugh

all these rides and attractions being down may signal the SF is done with the park and maybe selling it soon. why fix and or repair broken things if you are getting rid of a property... SFSL soon to be cedar fair????

hmmmmm

a very useless two cents....

BP

I'd say "soon to be Paqrues Reniudos/Herschend/Merlin/SeaWorld" before Cedar Fair, unless CF's intent would be to strip the rides and ship them elsewhere (like Geuga Lake).

all these rides and attractions being down may signal the SF is done with the park and maybe selling it soon. why fix and or repair broken things if you are getting rid of a property... SFSL soon to be cedar fair????

hmmmmm

BP

If no new ride is announced for SFSL later this month when the company does those announcements, that would be real cause for concern.

hmmmmm

BP

Typically the park is worth more with the rides intact and operating properly. Add to that Six Flags appears to be in acquisition mode again. I don't think there's any sign of the park being sold.

As noted though - if there is no new ride announced on announcement day that'd be the sign. I'd expect the announcement of a sale around then too. Thing is even if the park changes hands I'd expect a new attraction from the new owner.

SF Corp selling SFStL is HIGHLY unlikely, but just to throw it out there, a new owner does not necessarily mean a good thing. Especially if it is CF. CF makes way less capital expenditures for its lower tier parks than SF does. Also, with WOF being so close, a repeat of GL could be likely.

But again, HIGHLY unlikely.