TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The only problem I have with Superman is that every time I’ve ridden it in the last couple years, I’ve always gotten shafted with a seat facing away from the park and towards that back hill.

Me too. Thanks a lot Josh... (joking) We usually only ride it when he's working.

Thanks for the info a couple pages back on Falcon's Fury. Assuming I survive the ride with my wits intact I'll be sure and do our Superman Tower (finally) the next time I visit, which will probably be early June.

Unrelated, but I was looking at some Six Flags St. Louis stuff on YouTube the other day and Coaster Studios "review" of Six Flags St. Louis came up, which looks like it was posted just a couple months ago. I gave it a watch. Yeesh, he brutalized it pretty good. Not saying I disagree with many of those points but damn, that makes the park look quite a bit worse than it actually is IMO.

Thanks for the info a couple pages back on Falcon's Fury. Assuming I survive the ride with my wits intact I'll be sure and do our Superman Tower (finally) the next time I visit, which will probably be early June.

Unrelated, but I was looking at some Six Flags St. Louis stuff on YouTube the other day and Coaster Studios "review" of Six Flags St. Louis came up, which looks like it was posted just a couple months ago. I gave it a watch. Yeesh, he brutalized it pretty good. Not saying I disagree with many of those points but damn, that makes the park look quite a bit worse than it actually is IMO.

It is all about expectations, if he was expecting King's Island/Cedar Pt experience then yes our park isn't too great.

For a local park however, it is fine. Ultimately, we are about 20 years behind the time. In other words, if it was 1998 with our park as it is today we would be in great shape and on par with current technology, design, etc. yada yada

It is all about expectations, if he was expecting King's Island/Cedar Pt experience then yes our park isn't too great.

For a local park however, it is fine. Ultimately, we are about 20 years behind the time. In other words, if it was 1998 with our park as it is today we would be in great shape and on par with current technology, design, etc. yada yada

Totally coincidentally that was the last year a major new steel addition opened.

Going to a music festival in Cincinnati next month so I figured I’d hit up King’s island. Just bought my tickets and was pleasantly surprised that single day tickets aren’t ungodly expensive like ours are.

Going to a music festival in Cincinnati next month so I figured I’d hit up King’s island. Just bought my tickets and was pleasantly surprised that single day tickets aren’t ungodly expensive like ours are.

Cedar Fair runs some good single day deals. They also have two and three day packages.

On the flip side their season passes are 3x the price of a SFSL pass.

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Get Fast Lane Plus

Seriously, it's so worth it. You pretty much walk right on all of the rides.

Didn't notice a ton of additional vertical progress on Typhoon Twister on Saturday, but more slide pieces were missing in the parking lot. This is going to end up going up very quickly with some big lifts eh?

Wave pool has water in it so there's definitely plenty of work going in to the water park. Hopefully mother nature warms that up a bit more than it did last year.

Some pieces for their new water slide are still sitting in the parking lot, so it looks like it wasn't quite ready in time for Memorial Day weekend.

Also has Justice League been closed recently? Everything was closed due to weather when I arrived. I thought it was odd their indoor ride would be closed too.