TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So, I wonder if the "improved" Boss will be in action this weekend? It's looking pretty chilly.

According to the website Boss, Excalibur, and Shazam are listed as "not open yet". And I've heard that they are still finishing up on Boss.

Bummer, Xcalibur is one of the more unique rides.

So, I wonder if the "improved" Boss will be in action this weekend? It's looking pretty chilly.

According to the website Boss, Xcalibur, and Shazam are listed as "not open yet". And I've heard that they are still finishing up on Boss.

Uh oh. Anyone know when they'll be done with Boss? I'm heading there next weekend, would hate for it to be closed.

Quick shots. Still kinda want a continuous rotation Colossus video and a shot of slide parts in the parking lot. And the line split point for Batman.

5j19nuR.jpg

QoTm66j.jpg

qn1ik8G.jpg

bPXa21g.jpg

Tyco5Xc.jpg

R4rX8yN.jpg

R9woMcu.jpg

7TwTn3i.jpg

fSO8RdO.jpg

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by Danrarbc

Photo TR: An an an an an an an an an an an an an an an an Nwodekorb!

Today we kicked off Six Flags' 2018 season, and did we ever have a Six Flags day! First thing was to visit the guest services window to add our Dining Passes to our membership cards. We bought them last December on a flash sale for $35 each, and we are going to be eating mediocre food not once, not twice, but--are you sitting down?--ALL YEAR LONG.

20180325_130347.thumb.jpg.e4e498bd0cd1b8da2cceeca9f904a5b0.jpg

We're fancy people with fancy memberships, so we get the fancy entrance.

20180325_130517.thumb.jpg.940e3693aa3a1203a93b4fb7d6f4102a.jpg

An an an an an an an an an an an an an an an an Namtab!

We split up and some of us went to Macho Nacho and some to Colonnades to enjoy the first of many acceptable meals at Six Flags this year!

Well, that was a great trip. Time to go home.

Oh yeah, they do have rides at this park. Guess would should go ride some.

Well, we tried.

There were certainly some issues throughout the day. Multiple rides were down, some more than once. They did get the rides running quickly again, and generally the waits were short. It didn't kill our day, but it was frustrating having to leave several queues when the ride broke down.

And so it was with the first ride of the day, Screamin' Eagle, which was testing but they weren't allowing anyone to queue yet. My son was really wanting a coaster, so we headed to River King Mine Train, passing two other coasters on the way.

20180325_145942.thumb.jpg.2058ace220a3a546ab7a10d9f0bbfb73.jpg

This ride was not ready to set our balls on fire just yet.

Next up was American Thunder, which was as good as ever. Very solid, very underrated coaster. Also got a shiny Bulbasaur on the way over to it. Yay Community Day!

20180325_152525.thumb.jpg.66157af87223feff959c781da66a5342.jpg

JUMP THE COASTER!!!

20180325_152640.thumb.jpg.62102f920bb781906454e699ee866306.jpg

Coasterbill, is that you?

It was now time for Namtab. My son is not 54" yet, and my oldest daughter sticks more to carousels and the like, so I went solo for this one. To my utter shock, the line actually splits under the broken freeway, with backwards going through the regular queue and forwards taking an alternate path. We were given blue lanyards, and the line went to the tunnel entrance.

I got as far as the landing in the stairs before the ride broke down and everyone left the queue. Disappointing, but plenty of time to try again.

20180325_160507.thumb.jpg.6c3cd2988874f6bec36d1404a2bbe051.jpg

Yks eht kcik!

20180325_160513.thumb.jpg.6cffd41455da8d23ad8d3e3037267cbd.jpg

Eh, I tried....

We headed over to Mr. Freeze, and I did get to ride that one backwards at least.

20180325_165927.thumb.jpg.0adff33e00c4dadad09efc64643c522f.jpg

Eci emos kcik!

20180325_170521.thumb.jpg.9b926d372b91bb37723123f08e64f6d9.jpg

Thunder River was more tranquil than usual.

20180325_170603.thumb.jpg.031a6f9c873fcf595fa0ae2d9bdb0cf4.jpg

Love this ride. Never gets old.

20180325_170700.thumb.jpg.64ed2982e1bb885bc6a97bca0aaf1401.jpg

Drained rapids rides just look so cool.

Screamin' Eagle was back up and running, so we went there next, swinging by Britannia to get some snacks from our Dining Plan and also shots of the Boss.

20180325_171445.thumb.jpg.86dc562a8401ed21c53a741c2652c03c.jpg

Is Excalibur running today? Hard to tell.

20180325_173317.thumb.jpg.28f4475f24294edfb273083842b23c28.jpg

Boss' new not-a-helix looks really awesome. Can't wait to ride this.

Eagle is running as great as ever. We walked on to a front row seat, and it's hands up fun all the way. I sent everybody over to Brittania again for Pandemonium and carousel while I headed back to Batman and again queued for Namtab.

And as soon as I did, it broke down again.

220px-Batmobile_1941.png

So I met up with everyone else still in line at Friar Tuck's, and my wife and son went off to ride Pandemonium while I finished getting our snack. It was a super long line, but everything else was closed at this point.

Overall, it was a really fun day with some minor disappointments. We'll just have to come back again to ride the Evitceted tsetaerg s'dlrow!

Final score: 8000 steps, 3 flags.

Next up was American Thunder, which was as good as ever. Very solid, very underrated coaster.

I'm baffled that more people don't consider it a top-tier GCI--and I agree with those who do.

Shame that namtaB is operating for such a limited timeframe. I had no plans to visit, but with me being more likely to make mid-summer trips to Six Flags parks, I like to keep on top of the dates for their backwards trains and such.

Quick shots. Still kinda want a continuous rotation Colossus video and a shot of slide parts in the parking lot. And the line split point for Batman.

5j19nuR.jpg

QoTm66j.jpg

qn1ik8G.jpg

bPXa21g.jpg

Tyco5Xc.jpg

R4rX8yN.jpg

R9woMcu.jpg

7TwTn3i.jpg

fSO8RdO.jpg

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Y'all got your Diamond cards already? SFOT has yet to get ours. I went Saturday to get a friend in free and left after that. Took 25 minutes just to get in to park my car at 10:30 when it opened. Crazy busy, which I knew it would be. The priority parking is worth the extra each month alone imo. But I'm there 2-3 times a month.

Diamond is actually a better deal than I thought it would be. Being able to skip a line and park closer will come in handy on busy days and in Chicago. And with the discount I was able to get for Diamond memberships and double my dining memberships for $2 more than I was paying for five gold and one dining pass. Even if I had still gone the five memberships I would only be paying $10 more for that extra dining membership, while still getting the diamond benefits for all five passes. The dining membership used to be $17 a month.

Next up was American Thunder, which was as good as ever. Very solid, very underrated coaster.

I'm baffled that more people don't consider it a top-tier GCI--and I agree with those who do.

I'll stand behind these statements. If I had to think about it, the only GCI I prefer more is Mystic Timbers. We'll see how that turns out after Hershey Park. Two great TR's so far. Thanks for posting them.

I'm regretting not cashing in on that $35 dining plan. It would have been nice to enjoy a snack when we're sitting at JB's visiting Beer Man. Good move, Andrew. Be a pal and give me a reminder of what I missed out on this coming December.

Absolutely. They had what looked like some pretty good soups, just didn't want to pay $9 a bowl. With a dining plan, I'd like to try it.

Lightning Racer is the best GCI. The two tracks are different from each other too. They interact but aren't mirror images. Very worth going on both sides.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

I wouldn't expect The Boss to make this weekend. Watch the temps because it'll have to be warm enough to do test runs. Then it'll need to run a full complement of tests and they probably have to configure the ride's computers to account for the change in length (even if they have a good idea of what the times will be they need testing to ensure it all works out).

I can't believe I'm looking forward to trying out the Boss. I think it has been at least seven years since I've ridden it. Emily is still very apprehensive and I'll have to really talk her into riding. She'll probably immediately hate me for it, prior to my instant regret during the first drop.