TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Might I remind everyone that we're getting an AWESOME and unique waterslide in about 3 months?

Eh. I wish I cared about water parks, but I'm hopeful the new slide will bring more people to the park.

I agree with this ^^^^

too fat and old to be half nekkid in a waterpark -- and your welcome

Kevin

I just watched a pov of The Boss. It's been years since I've ridden it. After watching it, I remember the helix being a special kind of torture. The Boss might be a lot more tolerable without it. At the very least, you won't get that last big punch in the gut before you hit the brake run.

^ I totally get where you're coming from, because it certainly wasn't smooth! But it was intense, and really made an impact before the brakes. It really went all out at the end, and I am going to miss that. Few rides have that kind of sustained intensity. I'm glad I got to ride it again finally this past summer.

I wonder if the double-up is on the chopping block as well? Looks like it could be.

I'm one of those folks who doesn't really care about water parks so the slide does nothing for me. However, I do appreciate that it sounds like its a great addition for those that are in to Hurricane Harbor. I'm also happy that with the slide being added, the next few years will most likely see dry park additions.

It's not that I dislike water parks per se, it's just that if I want to head to the pool I'll go to a local one. With young kids, a water park is just sort of a hassle.

For what it's worth, I mentioned the Boss changes to several friends who, while not exactly what I'd consider enthusiasts on the level of most of us that post here, are pass holders and go with semi-regularity a few times a year and each one of them was disappointed as they enjoyed the helix.

For what it's worth, I mentioned the Boss changes to several friends who, while not exactly what I'd consider enthusiasts on the level of most of us that post here, are pass holders and go with semi-regularity a few times a year and each one of them was disappointed as they enjoyed the helix.

Same here. All the friends I've been to SFStL over the years with were disappointed (in a non-enthusiast way), as they all thought the helix was a highlight of the ride. We all thought it was rough, too, don't get me wrong. But it was a tolerable level of rough given the intensity. Rough with purpose! Better than pointless, boring, meandering rough.

It would be awesome if they installed the new 180 turnaround in a tunnel, one element that SFSTL does not have ... well I guess except the mine train.

Doubtful, but something like the turn-around on Mystic Timbers would be nice.

I've only gotten the chance to see this rework a couple of times since it started. When it started at first, it looked as if it would dip harder out of the turn going to the new turnaround. By thinking that, I thought there was a chance we'd see a nice overbanked turn, much like on Hades 360... man, was I let down... They could have done so much better with this... but then again, I don't know why I expected more

I've only gotten the chance to see this rework a couple of times since it started. When it started at first, it looked as if it would dip harder out of the turn going to the new turnaround. By thinking that, I thought there was a chance we'd see a nice overbanked turn, much like on Hades 360... man, was I let down... They could have done so much better with this... but then again, I don't know why I expected more
The trains suck too badly to do much more then basic turns.

Actually, an overbanked turn wold be less stressful on the trains. There wouldn't be lateral G's, still the same positive G's as when hitting the bottom of the hills from the drops

With all this Boss talk... I completely forgot about Typhoon Twister coming to the water park this year!! Not going to lie, it looks like a REALLY fun slide:

thumb_sfsl_typhoontwister-overhead-view-_3__0.jpg

And I look forward to trying it out when we are there this summer!! . . . I just hope it doesn't have the god awful line that Tornado had.