TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Ok y’all, buckle up! It’s that time of year again! I’ve got the best way to beat the January Blues with some bodacious news!

It was the night before (well, closer to ten weeks before) opening and all through the park, lots of fun things were happening, just ask my friend Mark!

The coasters were resting, being maintained with such care. As hardworking carpenters braved the cold air.

I hope that was enough to hook you, because I’m all out of rhymes. Anyway, Six Flags is firing up the hiring machine (well I guess I had one rhyme left), and you can read up on some details here: http://fox2now.com/2018/01/12/six-flags-ready-to-hire-for-2018-season/

Once you finish there, head on over to http://www.SixFlagsJobs.com where you, friends, or relatives can submit an application.

(Full Disclosure: I don’t actually have a friend named Mark.)

Well looks like we have entered into the winter blues while we sit here and dream about opening day.

Lets do this.

With the Fling being retired and knowing how SFSTL always gets those reclamation projects (Superman, Boomerang, and Xcalibur) what flat ride out there at another Six Flags park would you want to bring to SFSTL and how would theme it? (keep in mind that this ride will be placed where the Fling was and also lets keep these to flats at time).

Well looks like we have entered into the winter blues while we sit here and dream about opening day.

Lets do this.

With the Fling being retired and knowing how SFSTL always gets those reclamation projects (Superman, Boomerang, and Xcalibur) what flat ride out there at another Six Flags park would you want to bring to SFSTL and how would theme it? (keep in mind that this ride will be placed where the Fling was and also lets keep these to flats at time).

Lets do this.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Shazam got moved up there to fill the dead area. As the space left vacant by Shazam would be much smaller and easier to fill or landscape. Plus Shazam is being disassembled right now anyway and that Flings queue house is still standing. Just a guess.

Shazam is always disassembled for winter maintenance. That doesn't mean anything.

He meant while it was disassembled it would be convenient to move. (I think.) That being said that is probably unlikely though a creative idea per say. In the end who knows what will happen to the pad. They might just leave the space empty for a while or build a new building. (Hey, about about move the entrance to the Boss queue? )

A few weeks ago at the park they said that the helix on the boss was being removed. And after going up there during HIP it looked like significant work was being done on the helix, as in it was gone. At least it will be a little less painful to ride if it is indeed gone. Anyone have any other info on this?

Lets do this.

Rumors, oh rumors.... Well from numerous sources, seems that SFoT's Huss Troika is being removed.... hmmm, could this be SFSTL's next hand me down?... considering we seem to get all of SFoT's oldies...

considering we seem to get all of SFoT's oldies...

Not sure where you're getting that. We got Boomerang from SFoT, but other than that, I can't think of anything. We got Mr. Freeze and Justice League at the same time, and we got Batman 4 years before them. We have gotten hand me downs, yes, but they've come from Great Adventure and Astroworld in addition to Over Texas.

I know a lot of enthusiasts seem to think SFStL os neglected, but since Boomerang, all the additions have been new. We're getting a pretty kickass water slide next year. The additions have been small but important improvements to the park. The place has really turned around from where it was 10 years ago.

Lets do this.

Rumors, oh rumors.... Well from numerous sources, seems that SFoT's Huss Troika is being removed.... hmmm, could this be SFSTL's next hand me down?... considering we seem to get all of SFoT's oldies...

The Troika is still listed on SFOT's web page along with the new Tourbillion, both of which are called Harley Quinn Spinsanity. I read on a YouTube post that the Troika was being removed. But, so far, the rumor is unconfirmed.

considering we seem to get all of SFoT's oldies...

Not sure where you're getting that. We got Boomerang from SFoT, but other than that, I can't think of anything. We got Mr. Freeze and Justice League at the same time, and we got Batman 4 years before them. We have gotten hand me downs, yes, but they've come from Great Adventure and Astroworld in addition to Over Texas.

I know a lot of enthusiasts seem to think SFStL os neglected, but since Boomerang, all the additions have been new. We're getting a pretty kickass water slide next year. The additions have been small but important improvements to the park. The place has really turned around from where it was 10 years ago.

That was my bad, I meant to say we seem to get all of Texas' oldies...

Still not true, man. We got two rides from Texas. Two. Astroworld stuff was scattered all over the chain, so it would have been surprising if we didn't get one.

Lol, omg, wow. Guess I hit a nerve with you. All I was saying is we’ve gotten Superman, Boomerang, and 2 kiddie rides from Texas. We also received Big Bend from Texas, but it was obviously never installed. So that’s 5, far from 2. Either way, I was being sarcastic and trying to make a joke, but something about it obviously isn’t sitting well with you. Sorry that got you so worked up..... smh

Shazam isn't moving anywhere. It's already in what I consider one of the most awkwardly dead areas in the park. It's not just as simple as getting a fork lift and moving Shazam to Highland Fling's spot. It wouldn't be plug and play. Things like a new concrete pad and electrical configurations would have to be considered. I just don't see the point in filling one hole and leaving another. It would be nice to see something fill that spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a season without anything there. Luckily, it doesn't matter for me since I never visit that corner of the park.

If the Huss from SFOT is being removed and ended up here they could place it in Shazam's spot. Have it keep the Harley Quin name, then place Shazam at Fling's old spot. Give it a paint scheme to pay homage to Fling and rename it Highland Zing. Or they can keep Shazam where it's at and place the Huss in Fling's spot.

Yea, that'd be a good ride to replace that spot. However, the CWW wouldn't make sense there thematically.

Didn't know that it was a requirement for all Zamperla Endeavours built by Six Flags to be named Catwomen Whip.

It's not. The OP said "it'd be nice to see a Cat Woman Whip to replace the Fling spot". I thought they meant literally a CWW....not just the Endeavor. That's why I made the comment.

Shazam isn't moving anywhere. It's already in what I consider one of the most awkwardly dead areas in the park. It's not just as simple as getting a fork lift and moving Shazam to Highland Fling's spot. It wouldn't be plug and play. Things like a new concrete pad and electrical configurations would have to be considered. I just don't see the point in filling one hole and leaving another. It would be nice to see something fill that spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a season without anything there. Luckily, it doesn't matter for me since I never visit that corner of the park.

I am surprised you aren't Jones'n for a hyper giga Mule-Go-Round! now that's what I'm talking about!