TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I just did a monthly membership for the first time. I did not see anywhere when the monthly amount will be taken out of my account. Since I purchased it on the 4th, am I safe in assuming that it will be the 4th of every month?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got the answer in my confirmation email lol

^^I believe the gold upgrade includes free parking at all six flags parks, not just the home park.

It does, I have used it at SFMM and SFGAdv AND if you get the dining pass this weekend you will get an upgrade to Gold which also makes dining good at every Six Flags park. I have used that at other parks as well.

I went with a friend and one of my daughters on Friday night and the fantastic weather plus no crowd made for a great evening. Couple notes/observations:

- Has Spinsanity been cranked up a notch? I rode it during opening weekend and the ride felt, well, pretty lame compared to what I thought it would be. On Friday night it felt faster and I had a blast. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks?

- My 6 year old rode Screamin' Eagle for the first time at dusk and loved it. Flying through the chilly woods was awesome!

- I saw my first ever skunk on Friday night while walking around Xcaliber. It was about 8:30 and night had completely fallen so it scared the crap out of us. He looked extremely well fed, haha. Luckily he scurried away into the bushes and no one got skunked.

- I finally got to take my first ride on Boomerang. Due to a string of bad luck, the ride has been closed down each time I've visited over the last few years. This was also my first ride on ANY Boomerang. My buddy and I had a freakin' blast on it. It was really cool seeing the park lit up from that vantage point, particularly the neighboring Fireball. For all the crap the Super Loops get, there is no arguing that they have spectacular lighting. They make that whole area of the park seem more vibrant because of that.

- Batman was running very fast. That ride never disappoints.

Anyways, no pics as it was dark the majority of our visit but yeah, great way to spend a Friday night.

Does anybody know where I can find a detailed timeline of Fright Fest over the last 30 years? There used to be one up on SFSTL.net but after it shut down it can't be accessed even from archive.org, if anyone knows anything about something out there that I don't please let me know.

Some of the archive.org snapshots are incomplete. You can in fact view the Fright Fest page on some of the snapshots. I had luck with March 2012.

Does anybody know where I can find a detailed timeline of Fright Fest over the last 30 years? There used to be one up on SFSTL.net but after it shut down it can't be accessed even from archive.org, if anyone knows anything about something out there that I don't please let me know.

www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1500074#p1500074

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the size of the crowd might be like on the evening of Saturday, September 23rd? I assume there is a private event during the day, since it is only open to the public from 5pm - 9pm. Also it is bring a friend for $9.99.

^ I was planning on going the same day so I called in advance to confirm the hours and they confirmed a private event. I wouldn't expect the crowds to be too heavy for such a short business day. I decided not to go as I live three hours away and didn't think it would be worth the trip, but if you live local it should be ok.

We were there yesterday (after it being closed all day Sat for what I also assume was a private event) and the waits were very short with many things being a walk on. And that was a BFF day. I really don't think any day will be crowded now until FF starts.

Was wondering if anyone reading this thread that went to six flags over mid america in the 80's and 90's remembers the : County Fair Days. They used to hold. They used to have tractor pulls and Demo Derbies . If your facing the screaming eagle, the track was just to the right behind it. It's still there. We snuck outside the fence about a month ago and looked. Would love to see some old photos if anyone has them. I can't find anyone at six flags (personnel) that has any recolection of it. Have a couple of photos here from when I was 5 years old in 1987 watching . You can see the screamin eagle in the back ground

IMG_8917.thumb.JPG.726b05c51397e7969e77a327c8b37e09.JPG

Six Flags Over Mid America 1987 County Fair Days George Sims Auto Race Promotions

^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

With the 30th year of Fright Fest opening this coming Friday, I thought it would be cool if some of you guys could share any pictures of the event you might have from the Fright Nights days or afterwards, there's not a lot out there from before the early 2000s so it'd be pretty nice to see.

As for me, this isn't necessarily a photo per say but here's an ad for Fright Nights I featuring the dream demon himself Freddy Krueger:

IMG_20170923_014939_185.thumb.jpg.83d996247239b17c208cd7498550f4c4.jpg

^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Thank you , any info is greatly appreciated. You know how they play the old footage on tv in the giftshop at the park gate? I was hoping somewhere in those archives it would pop up.

As I was riding The Boss last night, I realized that somehow, I had never ridden it after dark before. Hard to believe. But wow, what an awesome nighttime ride. The fact that a decent chunk of the ride is in total darkness is really cool.

Also, as a side note, hats off to the head ride-operator. He looked to be genuinely enjoying his job.

I am old enough to remember going to the Country Fair at Six Flags. I wish I had pictures of it. I remember sitting in the stands watching the demolition derby. If memory serves me correctly, the whole place kinda had a Silver Dollar City feel to it, with crafts and fall-like decorations all over the place. I can still hear the TV commercial jingle in my head.

Thank you , any info is greatly appreciated. You know how they play the old footage on tv in the giftshop at the park gate? I was hoping somewhere in those archives it would pop up.

One of my best friends worked at the park in the 80's and fondly remembers the pulls and derbies from back in that area. I worked for Bigfoot, the monster truck, for several years and they have high quality footage of car crushes from that arena (recorded on BetaMax!) in their archives that were really cool to watch. They had fireworks synced to the car crushes.

Just completed a beverage survey sent by Six Flags. Some of the questions were a bit... odd... and unrelated, IMO, such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10. I understand the need for personal metrics in these surveys but I've never been asked questions quite like that before.

Moving on; hopefully this means they're looking at ways to further cut down on the refill lines. I personally suggested that they find some way to place automated refill stations throughout the park.

Just completed a beverage survey sent by Six Flags. Some of the questions were a bit... odd... and unrelated, IMO, such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10. I understand the need for personal metrics in these surveys but I've never been asked questions quite like that before.

I took the same survey and I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the question actually asked your physical activeness from 1-10, not attractiveness, because the whole thing's about seeing what people drink and how healthy they are, and how they use the Drink Bottle system so they can see how they can improve the system and/or possibly expanding their selection of healthy drink options. The information they get from surveys doesn't include e-mails and they don't see who submits them so they wouldn't need to know something personal like that because it doesn't really have nothing to do with what they were surveying for.