Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1067 - Typhoon Twister to be added to waterpark for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: treburton101 and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby SuicideDoorLincoln » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:20 am

Was wondering if anyone reading this thread that went to six flags over mid america in the 80's and 90's remembers the : County Fair Days. They used to hold. They used to have tractor pulls and Demo Derbies . If your facing the screaming eagle, the track was just to the right behind it. It's still there. We snuck outside the fence about a month ago and looked. Would love to see some old photos if anyone has them. I can't find anyone at six flags (personnel) that has any recolection of it. Have a couple of photos here from when I was 5 years old in 1987 watching . You can see the screamin eagle in the back ground
IMG_8917.JPG
Six Flags Over Mid America 1987 County Fair Days George Sims Auto Race Promotions

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby treburton101 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:58 am

Does anyone know how the lines should be tonight? Thinking about coming out since they’re open from 5-9.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/6244d4b3198af418acd0effea63db839.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/e23cc7325f2b3741220c30711ca574d6.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby HWFan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby ChrisGraslie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 am

With the 30th year of Fright Fest opening this coming Friday, I thought it would be cool if some of you guys could share any pictures of the event you might have from the Fright Nights days or afterwards, there's not a lot out there from before the early 2000s so it'd be pretty nice to see. :)

As for me, this isn't necessarily a photo per say but here's an ad for Fright Nights I featuring the dream demon himself Freddy Krueger:
IMG_20170923_014939_185.jpg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SuicideDoorLincoln » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:58 am

HWFan wrote:^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Thank you , any info is greatly appreciated. You know how they play the old footage on tv in the giftshop at the park gate? I was hoping somewhere in those archives it would pop up.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stagman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Do you guys think they'll do something with the Highland Fling this off season or will it just sit there all of next season?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kdjs » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:35 pm

As I was riding The Boss last night, I realized that somehow, I had never ridden it after dark before. Hard to believe. But wow, what an awesome nighttime ride. The fact that a decent chunk of the ride is in total darkness is really cool.
Also, as a side note, hats off to the head ride-operator. He looked to be genuinely enjoying his job.
I am old enough to remember going to the Country Fair at Six Flags. I wish I had pictures of it. I remember sitting in the stands watching the demolition derby. If memory serves me correctly, the whole place kinda had a Silver Dollar City feel to it, with crafts and fall-like decorations all over the place. I can still hear the TV commercial jingle in my head.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby thisdougsforu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:08 am

SuicideDoorLincoln wrote:
HWFan wrote:^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Thank you , any info is greatly appreciated. You know how they play the old footage on tv in the giftshop at the park gate? I was hoping somewhere in those archives it would pop up.

One of my best friends worked at the park in the 80's and fondly remembers the pulls and derbies from back in that area. I worked for Bigfoot, the monster truck, for several years and they have high quality footage of car crushes from that arena (recorded on BetaMax!) in their archives that were really cool to watch. They had fireworks synced to the car crushes.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Trololzilla » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Just completed a beverage survey sent by Six Flags. Some of the questions were a bit... odd... and unrelated, IMO, such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10. I understand the need for personal metrics in these surveys but I've never been asked questions quite like that before. :?r

Moving on; hopefully this means they're looking at ways to further cut down on the refill lines. I personally suggested that they find some way to place automated refill stations throughout the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:49 am

Trololzilla wrote:such as the one asking if I would rate my physical attractiveness from 1-10.

Don't worry about that one. That question is now legally required on all surveys by the Trump administration.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!