TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

New model Vekoma trains would be nice. Doubt it is happening though. And if we get a Wonder Woman ride I'd much prefer the Raptor

Only way I see a Fling replacement in 2018 is if we were getting a flat that fits in that footprint already and they just decide to change the location.

that was what I was envisioning.... and while it may not be a direct replacement. it would be easy to claim it was a planned one...

then it looks like planned obsolescence...

We get inside info the general public doesn't, remember.

Kevin

Why doesn't SFSTL social media put any clues for the new 2018 ride.. Even it's just a simple flat ride..most of us enjoy the tease at least. I follow all of the other SF parks on social media and most of the others are always posting clues for their new rides.

Wait... Did we ever have confirmation that the surveying was specifically for a water coaster, or that the surveying was just in the water park in general?

New model Vekoma trains would be nice. Doubt it is happening though. And if we get a Wonder Woman ride I'd much prefer the Raptor

I hope the clone is a huge success. I could see this as a fitting replacement for Ninja or Tidal Wave. Preferably Ninja.

I don't know if I want to see Ninja go, new trains without the full refurb could make it better for probably not that much in comparison to typical new ride costs. Tidal Wave should be the site of something really new just because it gets no attention anymore and is nearly wasted space.

This is just a dumb idea of mine, but I think if Six Flags St. Louis doesn't replace Highland Fling with another thrill ride, I'd love to see maybe like a kiddie coaster and a kiddie ride. It could just be like a tiny kid's area like how Holiday World has Rudolph's Reindeer Ranch, which only has kiddie flat rides, and Holidog's Funtown, which has a kiddie coaster and one or two kiddie rides. Six Flags St. Louis doesn't really have a coaster for the little ones. Maybe one of those small Zamperla family gravity coasters and a Zamperla jump around. Then maybe put in some pop jets or something around it. The same year they did that they could get new trains for the Boomerang or do a refurbishment of the Boss with either a GCI train, Timberliner, or PTC train.

Don't forget the park is open each of the next 3 Fridays from 6-11

I'm guessing you can back me up here when I say that the next two Friday nights might be some of the best coaster nights to visit. If the next two are similar to last night, then anyone hoping to get lots of rides in without much wait in between would have loved last night. Everyone I saw was having a great time, and all of the rides were pretty much walk-ons. I think that coasters (and the park in general) are fun on those Friday nights during Fright Fest, so last night had the same great feel without being quite as busy. Either way, I highly suggest checking it out.

Wait... Did we ever have confirmation that the surveying was specifically for a water coaster, or that the surveying was just in the water park in general?

We were in the water park on Sunday. From the queue for Tornado you could see red lines painted in the grass parallel on each side of the horizontal portions of the speed slides (which were closed). I could not tell if they went all the way back to the fence or around the foundations of the slides. I think someone posted before that they are looking old. Agreed.

I tried the BBQ restaurant for the first time. Not nearly as good as JB's in the main park but a decent option if you are not in the mood for pizza, burgers, hot dogs, etc.

Mike

I'll be there next Friday night. Looking forward to it.

Josh - I enjoyed the Mr. Freeze comment at Superman!

To elaborate on the comment he's referring to...after the cycle was over, and he was getting off the ride...I ended my spiel with, "and don't forget to check out Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast! Now that the trains are backwards, it's an even better ride experience!" (Or something to that effect.) I just wanted everyone to know that they should definitely check it out.

This talk about new trains and refurbishing the Ninja is making me ill.

Why? Apparently Blue Hawk is amazingly good.

It's not that good, it's a definite step up from when it was Ninja, but it's still the worst coaster in the park, and I'm sort of baffled by the love it has gotten since it changed from Ninja to Blue Hawk, imo it went from a 1 to a 5/6 out of 10.

This talk about new trains and refurbishing the Ninja is making me ill.

Why? Apparently Blue Hawk is amazingly good.

It's not that good, it's a definite step up from when it was Ninja, but it's still the worst coaster in the park, and I'm sort of baffled by the love it has gotten since it changed from Ninja to Blue Hawk, imo it went from a 1 to a 5/6 out of 10.

Honestly going from a 1 to a 5 with very little expense ain't bad. It'd probably more realistic an expectation than 2 new coasters at this point. And if you can use the Tidal Wave spot instead for a coaster you get to increase coaster count by one and new trains makes Ninja rideable again.

Ninja's Shelf Life is over and has been over for many years now. Time for something new, modern, larger, etc. and so forth.

If only they'd listen to the people [emoji38]

The opinions of enthusiasts do not always represent the opinions of the masses.

I'd imagine you'd get a decent consensus on change it or fix it options if the general public was surveyed about doing something about Ninja.