TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

pro tip -

when shooting video try not to be methodical and document every view from the pathways - also shooting video alone is probably a bad idea also.

I was out at the park today shooting some video of the entire park from pathway to pathway. I shot all of the Spanish section ( flume, thunder and justice league) I had moved on to Britannia and was shooting stills and video of the soon to be defunct highland fling, when I attracted the attention of a security guard.

I continued my documentation as I moved up past bug bunny park and up to the eagle and drop tower area. There I picked up the second security guard. They both continued to follow me though at a safe curious distance not knowing I had detected them. ( I am a former security person myself). I proceed around and down the hill past the mine train and down towards Spinsanity. About this time my two original security persons were joined by two more who hung back a bit further in a ready backup position on another pathway across from me (in case I got violent I guess). As I got to in front of the queue line for Spinsanity one of the guards approached me and asked if I was mapping the park.

" I guess I sort of am" I said. I explained I was a former employee and was documenting the changes to the park since I had worked here some 30+ years ago. He asked me where I had worked in the park and we had a pleasant conversation. He then left and the security detail dispersed. I then continued on my way.

I got as far as panda express, when I was being followed again this time by two area leads who were quite bad at their surveillance. I guess they were supposed to be less intrusive then having security follow me. They were chatting and talking and watching me and throwing a football around. ( this behavior is very strange for area leads and stood out to me.) they continued to follow as I walked around for about another 20 minutes, keeping their distance but still always in sight and following me exactly. ( not normal for area leads) anyway when they followed me to the front of the palace theater, I approached them and as I did they began to wander off, I called them over and asked them to stop and talk to me, and told them I was not some threat but was just filming for my personal use. They mumbled something and wandered behind the palace to the office/ host area there.

Moral - don't be a stalker when you video in a park and bring family with you.

my bad I guess - BUT good to know someone is watching for the many terrorists who are plotting the destruction of theme parks via video tape. I chalk it up to bored security guards. I am sure I fit some profile as I am a 52 year old, bald, fat guy with glasses and a limp.

Hope someone found this interesting- if not sorry

Kevin

Ps I am putting together a compilation of some park changes over the years, I found some old footage from the 70's and wanted to make a comparison video.

The staff was probably more interested about the realistic threat of perverts inappropriately filming children than anything else. That explains perfectly their disinterest in intervening and more concern placed on just keeping an eye on you and making sure that you weren't doing anything wrong, while still allowing you to do your thing. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if their behavior was generated from an overzealous customer complaint/concern.

I'm looking forward to viewing your video. Please share when you finish it.

The staff was probably more interested about the realistic threat of perverts inappropriately filming children than anything else. That explains perfectly their disinterest in intervening and more concern placed on just keeping an eye on you and making sure that you weren't doing anything wrong, while still allowing you to do your thing. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if their behavior was generated from an overzealous customer complaint/concern.

I'm looking forward to viewing your video. Please share when you finish it.

Due to this fact I intentionally skipped the entire bugs bunny/ kids section of the park. I knew that would not look good no matter what. back in the day it was just a wooded area and some paths.....

Kevin

shame the fling may be going it looks pretty good in the photos --- here are a few

DSC00319.thumb.JPG.0b5836e7f59685d699c1d8fbd19bf374.JPG

Cars look real good

DSC00320.thumb.JPG.a062de63ef28d3a1d6df59ad2108cf79.JPG

queue line looks will maintained and freshly painted as well

DSC00321.thumb.JPG.bfbb702c294e75338bd16f18f154a8f0.JPG

DSC00322.thumb.JPG.91c275ad209edb6da9b0ff8556e8e19b.JPG

even the building is holding up well

I hate days like this...some of the theme parks within a few hours drive are announcing their new exciting roller coasters, while we just sit here and keep on wishing....

Hey, on the plus side, at least Silver Dollar City is relatively short drive away!

I hate days like this...some of the theme parks within a few hours drive are announcing their new exciting roller coasters, while we just sit here and keep on wishing....

and we are wishing for a Free Spin, which is really sad

I'm wondering if it's possible that the water coaster isn't coming until 2019? You would think that the land would've been surveyed last year, as the plans should be done by now, right?

When we get a water coaster I hope it's more like Wildebeest than SFFT's version that looks devoid of any airtime.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, we aren't expecting much at SFOT next year either.

I'm wondering if it's possible that the water coaster isn't coming until 2019? You would think that the land would've been surveyed last year, as the plans should be done by now, right?

When we get a water coaster I hope it's more like Wildebeest than SFFT's version that looks devoid of any airtime.

I'm not sure you'd have to survey that far ahead for a clone.

I do wonder if SF GAm might get one though, given their hint on Twitter.

Thunder -> Storm is a pretty logical guess.

If SFGAm gets a water coaster next year I don't see us getting one. But I doubt we'll get a steel coaster either. I'm guessing another flat ride addition of some sort.

probably a replacement for fling

kevin

That'd be a ridiculously fast response though. It was open not that long ago.

New model Vekoma trains would be nice. Doubt it is happening though. And if we get a Wonder Woman ride I'd much prefer the Raptor

Only way I see a Fling replacement in 2018 is if we were getting a flat that fits in that footprint already and they just decide to change the location.