TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm assuming if Fling goes this season that the park will just leave the lot empty for the year, as I'm sure next years new ride will go elsewhere.

It will have to be empty for a year. Our RMC B&M T-Rex Giga looper is NOT going to fit in that spot.

Really hope they spend the money to fix Highland Fling- not very excited about the possible replacement. I love the freedom of an Enterprise, and I don't really see how a Endeavor is marketable when it's replacing what is almost the same ride?

I'm assuming if Fling goes this season that the park will just leave the lot empty for the year, as I'm sure next years new ride will go elsewhere.

Well, I'm hoping the 2018 addition will utilize the Fling plot. And then if we get any Endeavor it can go somewhere else in the park that may be in need of a sprucing up. But we shall see.

There's no guarantee it will replaced in 2018 or even after that. The Fling could stand SBNO for years ...see Hannabarrels

Something tells me current management won't stand for that. That nook was a blight on the whole park for years.

Hmmmmm. I personally have no reason to go to that corner of the park anyway, I guess. The fling made me sick in my later years and even if I were in a rare mood (probably tipsy) to want to ride the Boss, Emily wouldn't have it. No sweat off my back.

But, that area does draw a lot of people with the Boss entrance, Go karts, Dragon's wing, Pandemonium exit and every single person with a little kid going to the carousel and then under Pandemonium to the kid's area. In fact it's always kind of a congested area so maybe they could use the space to ease the crowd a bit in some way.

Not really a surprise on the Fling as it seems like it's constantly down. I'd say Six Flags got their money's worth on that ol' girl.

Hopefully we eventually get one of those flat packages (endeavor, tilt o' whirl, etc). The park definitely needs more. My wife and I love coasters, but our 3 young kids do not. Next year we aren't renewing their season passes as right now there just isn't a ton for them to do (they are too old for Looney Tunes town, too young for the bigger thrill rides with tall height restrictions). In a couple years when they are older and taller we will get them passes, but it doesn't make sense right now. I know other young families in the same boat as ours.

Hell, I'd argue that from a cost perspective the park would be a lot better off putting in another junior coaster in the vein of the Mine Train versus some kind of hyper, given their plan to just focus on local season passes. My oldest daughter freaking loves MT, but it seems like anymore it's always down for maintenance and then there is no coaster for her to ride.

Anyways, sucks about Fling but I do hope we get more flats in the near future, a mix of thrill and family oriented ones.

Is there a manufacturer that still does Monster type rides? I never got to ride Momo but bringing a newer version of that back would be really cool.

While we are discussing flats, what does a Mega-Disko like spinsanity cost, ballpark?

Is there a manufacturer that still does Monster type rides? I never got to ride Momo but bringing a newer version of that back would be really cool.

you can still find them around not sure how current this is but this is what was here in STL

used ones are still out there if the park was interested they could probably find one..

probably less than 250,000 all in with theming and queue line......

Kevin

The closest you'll find for a Monster type ride are Polyps and there are a few manufacturers that make different versions of the ride. If you've ridden East River Crawler at SFGAm (if it's still called that after being moved for Joker) then you've ridden a Polyp.

Wow many of you guys believe we need more flat rides... as I see, no offence most of you are adults with kids, I'm 17 looking for thrill, and most of YouTube teens in all of six flags believe parks like SFSTL, La londe, SFOG (We know know they are most likely getting RMC Georgia cyclone next year) but also SFA are need of a new coaster. Which I believe so to. But have you all heard the news in Branson recently... in Branson, According to a local news report The Branson Coaster, the newest alphine coaster to the region, opened to take on the first guests on Tuesday. Also SDC in Branson Mo, is under construction for a new roller coaster for next year 2018, on Aug 16th they will announce, so it is bringing alot allot of news to Branson MO, two new coasters in that city, if you going down to Branson for one why not try the other coaster which is real close by... SDC is are biggest competition right now, mostly family park, and if they are adding a new coaster in 2018, more guest will go down there to ride it and probably will try the new alpine coaster that just opened in Branson as well, so Branson will be busy next year, so that might be taking some people from SFSTL, so I just wanted put that out there, SFSTL is going need something soon to keep the crowd. Again I think we need coaster as it be 5 years in 2018, and 2021 be 50th season and assuming they would add a coaster that year, well if it's not 2018 then 2019 be 6 years, which 2021 be 2 years from 2019 and adding coasters that close for SFSTL I don't see happening,(but they did add pandemonium and american thunder back ti back years, 07, 08) and I dont see them just waiting for 2021 as that be 8 years from last coaster which was also relocated... boomerrang... but maybe they wont be adding a coaster for 50th anniversary.... who knows... we have to wait and see. Man did I write alot.

I think we all agree here that a coaster would be nice and would certainly help the park's rid selection out. The problem is corporate sees more trendlines than we can. There has to be data showing new coasters don't impact attendance here. It is why we've gotten flats since Boomerang.

I'm fine with them overall, but I'd prefer it not be trickled out. Multiple parks received multiple flats in single years, and other things in surrounding years like coasters and RMC conversions. We're getting them but one at a time. But there's a reason for this too.

Pauliemills, welcome! You should read the last 10-20 pages of the sfstl and sdc threads as there is some good discussion on most of those topics, I bet you'll find them interesting!

Pauliemills, welcome! You should read the last 10-20 pages of the sfstl and sdc threads as there is some good discussion on most of those topics, I bet you'll find them interesting!

Lol I have been reading, i just never made a account... but I havnt checked out SDC, and will, but thanks, I'm glad to be here!!

Although I completely understand your logic, that's pure speculation. The park may have already committed to other plans. I can also see why the park would want to put something totally different in fling's space so that it doesn't get confused with the same ride by people who don't pay attention, don't care, or don't visit as often.

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense, but the word 'likely' could get confused as a rumor or actual plans by someone just dropping by the thread.

^ Quite true. However, the only reason SFOT received a Zamperla Endeavor was because the park hadn't had an Enterprise type ride since the loss of Spinnaker 20 years earlier. While an Endeavor type ride may not come to SFSTL right away, or in the same location, I suspect it will eventually come. When you think about it, it would be the perfect addition to SFSTL along with perhaps a Zamperla Giant Discovery. Especially with the loss of Highland Fling. Our Discovery here at SFOT is probably our park's most popular ride right now. The Endeavor sitting right across from it works as a companion piece. Together, the two always draw massive attention from park guests. Especially with those light shows!

Now, given the fact that SFSTL has already received a Larson Loop and Zamperla Disk'o, the addition of these two would give SFSTL the reputation of having the best collection of flats at any SF park.

Okay. Here's my biggest issue with SFSL adding flats: The term "flat ride" can be very confusing to non-enthusiasts. Every one of these new flats makes me think, "this is gonna be a fantastic addition to the park," but then I remember that I will have to end up explaining the term flat rides to people. I honestly believe that's why SF was referring to the Larson Loops as coasters. The folks at corporate were probably tired of having to explain the term "flat ride" leaving them with no other option but to call the rides coasters. I mean who could blame them? It'd be maddening. Ugh. They either need to make flat rides as flat as an open can of coke sitting on a table all day (news flash, no ride has ever been built that was flat like a piece of paper) OR come up with a new name. Maybe an acronym. That'd be fun.

Rant over.

I guess the experience is pretty different. Excaliber rotates slow, spins fast, and goes upside down. The Discovery rotates fast, spins slow, and does not go upside down. Both are extreme for two different reasons. I don't think I could handle Excaliber anymore, so I would welcome a Discovery. They're as fun to watch as they are to ride.

If we're playing 'Wish list for Santa - Flat Style,' I want my S&S Screaming Swing. Unfortunately, that will never happen. Do any SF parks have one?