TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I've noticed the fins are really looking worn on the trains. I wonder if that makes static electricity build up faster.

The fins that you are refering to are aluminum fins used strictly for the launching of the train. The LIM system is not used for braking. Braking is done below the train by two standard brake fins. The set located on the right-hand under side of the train (in relationship to the rider) is used for the pinch brakes. The set on the other side is used for the magnetic brakes.

Static electricity can cause issues with the ride, but not with the train parking after a cycle.

Someone else said static buildup was causing the early stop. I figured that the LIMs provided no magnetic braking functionality. The problem does seem more prevalent recently though.

Or have I just been lucky in previous years?

Going to be heading to STL more than I thought this year so I decided to pick up a season pass.. Is it really regularly 120$?? I know the 4th of July sale brings the price down to 80$~. This seems like a ton of money but I have to get one since I plan on going 4+ times. What pass do you guys suggest?

Going to be heading to STL more than I thought this year so I decided to pick up a season pass.. Is it really regularly 120$?? I know the 4th of July sale brings the price down to 80$~. This seems like a ton of money but I have to get one since I plan on going 4+ times. What pass do you guys suggest?

Gold, considering Parking itself is $25 each time and season parking pass is $75.

I got my pass for this year during the sale at the end of the season, it was like 60 bucks for a gold season pass, and that got you in for Frightfest 2016, Holiday in the Park 2016, and all of 2017 season. Best deal I've seen. They ran a similar, but not quite as good deal at the very beginning of the season as well for like 70ish if I remember correctly. But yeah, gold is where it's at for the parking reason.

We typically take advantage of the season pass sale that they offer around Labor Day. It usually comes out to around $60 per person after fees/taxes. The best part is that it allows you access to the park for the remainder of that calendar year and if you process it that calendar year you get upgraded to the gold pass for free. It's the best bargain we've found by far. We usually do this every other year as our schedule doesn't allow for many visits during the spring and summer, so we typically attend more often in the fall anyway. It works for us and we only have to go twice to justify the cost.

During the fall last year they were running a promotion that you could get a Gold Season pass for $30 with a day's admission ticket. My wife works for Edward Jones, who rented out the park for an employee day, and we used our free tickets for the deal. I got 4 Gold Passes for $120. Great deal! Hope they run it again this year as I'll take advantage of that again!

That's prime breeding age for that population, so they're just rowdy. They'll calm down after they get their first jobs which they can't handle because they claim they have 'PTSD' and their disability checks start rolling in.

Does anyone know what language the people giving commentary are using? The translate option isn't working on the video.

You know, I was randomly thinking... SFStL would be a decent park to get RMC's new T-REX concept. . .

Would logically make sense.....but....will NEVER happen.

Raptor would be more likely. It is the smaller cheaper one

You know, I was randomly thinking... SFStL would be a decent park to get RMC's new T-REX concept. . .

Raptors are smaller rides for smaller parks. Think Fun Spot. It would probably make BTR look huge. Kind of like how SF has yet to build another low capacity Euro Fighter after Dare Devil Dive. These are my thoughts, at least.

Raptors are smaller rides for smaller parks. Think Fun Spot. It would probably make BTR look huge. Kind of like how SF has yet to build another low capacity Euro Fighter after Dare Devil Dive. These are my thoughts, at least.

We're boned.

latest?cb=20150206072725

Was planning on purchasing my gold pass this Tuesday with the 4th of July sale, but I was emailed by Six Flags and offered the gold pass for about 45$! I am not sure what made me eligible for this offer, possibly buying multiple passes every season?

The roller coaster that everyone loves to hate and dispise reopened this week. Now you can hate and dispise it while its flying over the midway. Lol

My daughter will be happy. It's her last credit.