Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 15: New Gerstlauer Triple-Launch Coaster Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:49 am

larrygator wrote:Except for the slower operations, this is the coaster size where the experience can be enhanced with VR.

I agree. It makes sense to use VR on an "OK" family suspended coaster like Dreamcatcher (as opposed to a big ride like SeaWorld's Kraken).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby JordyC » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:59 am

indyv wrote:
larrygator wrote:Except for the slower operations, this is the coaster size where the experience can be enhanced with VR.

That's right, I'm not a big fan of VR, but this coaster is ideal for that. My only concern are the waiting times, because on normal days, you already have to wait for about an hour. With VR, the waiting times will only increase.

This is my main concern as well. The wait for this ride is going to be ridiculous. It already had one of the worst moving lines in the park, and now with the VR on it.. Yikes!

I agree that I much rather see VR on a coaster like this than on a major thrill ride. I will always prefer a coaster without VR though. But to be honest, I think this is just a cheap way to give this ride some new life, because it really wasn't looking good. And now that they add VR to it, it doesn't matter how it looks. What Bobbejaanland really needs is a major new attraction, and not another coaster that offers VR and slows down operations. But it's better than nothing, I guess.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 173 || Parks: 34

Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Python 2.0 || Phantasialand || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

Bobbejaanland has sent us a press release announcing the addition of a signficant new Gerstlauer triple-launch coaster similar to Gold Rush which opened recently at Slagharen!

Bobbejaanland will make its most significant investment in a new themed area in 2019.

With more than 2ha, the new area represents an expansion of 3000 sqm for the park. The new area will include some of Bobbejaanland’s most spectacular and iconic rides, like Typhoon rollercoaster and Sledge Hammer giant frisbee.

Additionally, this new area will bring the latest rollercoaster excitement to Bobbejaanland with a new triple-launch coaster by the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. The new attraction will offer experiences of speed, height and adrenaline unprecedented in the BENELUX region.

Visitors will discover the theme of this new area during the 2019 pre-season, during which opening is expected.

You can’t miss it!
unnamed.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 am

Unexpected but this is the most exited news ever from Bobbejaanland in my experiance. Seems 2019 has a good reason to return to Bobbejaanland, It never has been my favorite park and never will but their rides have a certain charm in my opinion. Just wish the park itself gets that same charm someday.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Alton Towers, Toverland, Thrope Park, Flamingo land, Skyline park.
2017 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Wicker Man (Alton Towers).

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Hopefully they do something about the flying insect issue by Sledge Hammer. I swallowed about 50 gnats and mosquitos riding that. Probably the best giant frisbee I've been on, though!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!